Surfaces 2009

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by RFI, Nov 16, 2008.

1. RFI

RFI Mr. Nefarious Senior Member

Is anyone here going to attend this year? I am thinking about going.

Rob

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You bet I am, the good Lord willing and the creek don't rise. It will be my 14th year I think. Anymore I go just to see friends I've made over the years, and of coarse my sister who lives in Vegas. A nice get away in the middle of winter. :yesss:

Daris

3. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I understand World of Concrete is the same week this year. Now you get a chance to attend both, and both shows are very good.

4. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Wife and I will be arriving at 8pm at the airport on the 3rd Feb so we will miss the first day. Where are we going to meet? I know what Darris, and his good wife looks like and where he will be.

5. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Airline tickets are getting cheaper so I will be going. Going to hit Carl Williams class on the 2nd. Its always good info.

6. RFI

Ok, I am officially signed up and ready to go. Have flights booked and admission tickets bought just do not know where I am goin to stay yet. Kinda thinking about staying at the lodge at basspro. But that might cost me.

Rob

7. Jon Scanlan

But you said its snowing there. To me winter equals snow?? I don't remember it ever been cold there in the past. It was cooler there than here. When the show is on as it is our hottest part of the year here. Do I bring my longjohns? :D

8. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Bring your best bikini.;)

9. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

And the rest of us will bring blindfolds!!!!
    :ohno::eek:

b

10. Jon Scanlan

I just registered for Surfaces yesterday. It costs you $10 each. How come it cost me $37.04 for two of us. Should I take this personally that they don't want us KIWIS there? :D
    When we were there last too many weren't swimming in the pools so there will not be much chance of me getting into a bathing suit of any type Barry and Rusty:ohno:

11. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

I thought maybe you were part of the Polar Bear Club.:rolleyes:

12. Jon Scanlan

The only time you will catch me swimming is in a spa pool

13. kwfloors

I booked my flight and room thru american express. Staying at Imperial Palace $65 a night and it is walking distance to the convention. Going to go to the WOC one day to check it out. I have heard it is good. It has to be better winter than the -15 we have tonight.

14. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I also will be there. Hope to hook up with you fine people.

Roland

15. kwfloors

On Feb 2 at the Imperial Palace, Carl Williams has a class that is good and you can get the inspection software too. I always go to it when I get to Surfaces. He gets some knowledgeable people in the industry to talk for 30 mins. each about something to know inspection wise. Discount if you pay for it before jan 1.

16. kwfloors

ONE MONTH AWAY, it will be nice to get out of the snow, getting 12" the next night and day. We should get together and see everyone sometime down there. Maybe we all can crash some of the parties after one of the days in the Sands. Went to the Quikstep one and I was amazed at the number of ballrooms down that hall and the size of each.

17. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

kwfloors It is easy to find me. I am usually somewhere around the CFI booth. I ied my wife is there I'm floating. She knows how to get a hold of me. The booth is just slightly to the right as you come in from the long hall straight a head. Jon knows.We are usually there from start to finish.
    Looking forward to meeting up.

Daris

18. Jon Scanlan

And if that KIWI from down New Zealand way can find Daris. Anybody can :D
    See you the second day of the show Daris. Don't you be late :):D

19. RFI

Who is going to be there Monday?? I will be there first thing have two seminars.

Rob

20. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

I will be coming in on Monday, I am staying at the TI so I hope to meet up with you fine people.

Roland