Surfaces 2007

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Tandy Reeves, Aug 26, 2006.

1. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

How many of you are making plans to attend Surfaces in Feb. 07?

2. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

All going well wife and I will be there. We normally go for a week as we have to have time to rest our arms. It is along way up there from New Zealand and we get sore arms from flapping Kiwis do not fly. We are also looking at going to Memphis after

3. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

make sure you go to Beal st and get yourself some barbeque ribs ..

4. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

I've planned to go, and had to cancel several times. I'm pretty confident that this next one will be the year I go, and I'm pretty excited about going and getting to meet you guys...

5. Tandy Reeves

I will be in Henderson, NV teaching from 1/29 to 2/5 so if any of you come early be sure and drop in on the classes.

6. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I will most likely be there early. Usually come in on Tues. Stay with my sister in Vegas. Henderson not that far away. Where will you be at?

Daris

7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I have missed going a number of times the past few years and, by golly, I'm goin' this time. I am looking forward to taking Tandy's inspectors course and see if I can't head in a new direction in my career. After that, I hope to meet up with as many of you guys as I can in a short period of time. I have a feeling it could be educational and a lot of fun.

Jim

8. Tandy Reeves

I am planning on being at the Holiday Inn Express 441 Astaire Drive. As soon as that is confirmed will let you know.

9. Danny Ferguson

Danny Ferguson Abbey Carpet & Floor Charter Member

LOL Tandy. You posting about the Holiday Inn Express, made me think about their commercials on tv. I love the one with the guy in the helicoptor. I've never been to Surfaces before. Sounds like it would be very educational and fun.

10. tony lamar

tony lamar Charter Member

Kinda sounding like we ought to try to get there this time, Danno. I'd sure like to meet all the guys,.....well.... most of 'em.:rolleyes: :D

11. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

I went a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. A great place to ask many of the questions you've been saving up all year. My favorite part was watching Chris Flynn carve his rugs. He's quite an artist at that.

It's always fun to meet some of the people from the boards too. What a crazy place Vegas is. YEOW!! We'll see.

12. Jerry Thomas

Jerry Thomas Charter Member Senior Member

I would like to attend, but I will have to ask the wife :)

13. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

get a Doctors note Jerry , i use them every week to play Golf .. he he ..

14. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Because the wife and I own a florist, there is no way I can attend Surfaces, since it is so close to Valentine's Day.

15. Darol Wester

Hey Jerry. Your chances of going are greatly enhanced if she gets to go too. :D

16. Darol Wester

For those of you that haven't gone, I'll pass on a great tip I learned about the hard way. Be sure and wear the most comfortable shoes you have or you might end up like did. I had a hard time walking the third day due to the aching feet. You do a lot of walking and standing around there. The standing around is what gets me the quickest.

I can walk for several miles in the mountains without a problem but that place can get you if you're not prepared.

17. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'd almost forgot about all the walking. I wonder if they have a place I can rent one a them Segway's. That would be a great way for me to get around the convention.

Jim

18. Darol Wester

Great idea Jim. And to better that...... we could hook one of those multi-seat tram thingies behind it like you see at the fair, and some of us elderly crowd could hop on for a tote around the place. :D Let's say..Hmmm ??? $10 a head with popcorn. Beer would be optional. You could pay for your trip.

19. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

I should be there. Went last year because my folks moved out there. Might as well take advantage of them being there. My 10 year old daughter wants to go this time so she can visit with Grandma and Grandpa.

20. Curt Durand

Curt Durand Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Published

Don't go every year but am planning on attending this year. Good shoes, open mind, listen well and ask questions. Best way to go.
    Hey, anyone interested in UFO's can rent a car and with a 3 hour drive be in Rachel, NV - home of the Little A'Le'Inn restaurant and souvenir shop. Take a drive down the Nevada State Highway 375, the Extraterrestrial Highway, and sneak back into one of the guarded Area 51 access road entrances. Pose yourself in front of the "Use of deadly force permitted" signs, wave at the security guards up on the overlooking hilltop in their cute white Jeep Cherokees (probably use Hummers now) and take a photo home. My wife and I did this about 10 years back. Cool trip. Selvalee - that's probably where we met - abducted and probed together!