Subterranean Termites in gluedown Hardwood

Discussion in 'Hardwood and Laminates Q&A' started by Mike Antonetti, May 17, 2018.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

knew the reason the hardwood was coming up but could they have killed them before we arrived? This was under an area rug, pest control guy was there half hour before we saw them with a flashlight looking for cracks.

Attached Files:

2. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton Senior Member Published

Ahhh the memories. I swear I think I found termites on at least 25% of the remodels I did in Cali. Only 2 or 3 jobs with dry wood termites though. Can't tell you how many slabs have the holes drilled in them to pump the pesticide. Many used to have the cork plugs in them.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Interesting. My house is drilled in the concrete areas, the dirt I’ve disturbed a couple years ago when I pressure washed but didn’t paint I dug maybe 6” down from the grade line to clean and keep the roller out of the dirt.

Previous house had a swarm fly to the slider door from the inside(shortsale fix up) more termidor.

The pest control guy drilled a few spots, I thought it was the tilesetter inspecting our work with a flashlight, I’m like oh no, one of those types.