Stripping wax

Discussion in 'Cleaning, Maintenance & Restoration' started by Darren Ramey, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member

I’ve got job where they want to put LVT over VCT about 3k feet. I will need to strip the old wax. I’ve never done this before. Anything I should be aware of going in?

What would you guys charge for something like this? I have no idea how time intensive it is. I do have a sander/buffer I bought a few years back.

2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I use a janitorial company to do it. Finders fee for you and you pay them.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

I thought about actually doing this service a few times. All the equipment I have but it pays peanuts compared to install rate per hour.

4. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I’ve done it, you can do it but It’s probably going to be cheaper for a company to do it than what you’d charge. It’s a lot of water and clean up. I did a gym which is the easiest space ever to do and I’d still say to hire it out and make a few bucks off of that.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

I kinda agree in the aspect of setting your expectations, you have control of it.

6. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Be aware that no manufacturer of LVT will guarantee the install over VCT regardless of wax/finish or other prep deals.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.