Sourcing Hardwoods

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Video Collection' started by Bud Cline, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

EIA's (Environmental Investigation Agency - eia-global.org) new investigative video details the extent and nature of illegal logging in the Russian Far East (RFE) and tracks illegally harvested valuable hardwoods across the border into China, through factories and warehouses, to its ultimate destination in showrooms around the world. It is then purchased by consumers unaware of the devastating effects on the environment, local peoples, and the forest industry, as well as on law enforcement and governance throughout the RFE.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UKqwMH2N0vc"]Liquidating the Forests - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
  2. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

I'm surprised this hasn't conjured up any comments by now.

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Who is actually surprised at these revelations about LL? Still, I was scratching my head over the title you gave it.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I am surprised Jim, from a standpoint all I know about them is their commercials, and I walked thru one in Jacksonville.
    After that's it's all the complaints, lack of quality on the Internet. The corporation reminds me of a pyramid scam, I don't know what stock value is but if things don't change you can't fool the public forever but long enough to get rich and leave the country.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

So I just watched the video, Jail time lets shut em down, the executives can look at 6x8 concrete floors for 20 years.
    Let's get the guy that does the commercials as well, he sounds too inspiring!

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014