Something I saw on FB.

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Daris Mulkin, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Lets see if this works. I saw this on FB and was wondering if anyone has tried it? Pouring leveler over carpet, who knows.

Well it was on another forum and kept bring up the forum and didn't think Jim would appreciate that. Anyway it is a Shonox [sp] product. They poured it right over the existing carpet.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1027287554022599&id=210769745674388

:old:

Daris

2. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

How could that possibly be cheaper than demo?

I can only think of asbestos concerns if the existing glue down is well stuck to asphalt or vinyl asbestos tile.

3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Too many variables. Would only consider something so crazy if the carpet was glued with the green glue of death

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I could see a use for this in a few specific applications such as asbestos n such.
    The down side of using a gypsum self leveler is time. I believe the specs call for 24 hours of cure time (or is it dry time) per 1/8". A 3/8" pour will now sit for 3 full days before you can touch it. If time is money, are you really saving anything?

5. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Asbestos abatement isn't quick, easy or cheap either so I see that as the only plausible explanation for such Tomfoolery.