Shaw Floorte Plus

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Hughley, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Hughley

Hughley Member

We are looking at Shaw's Floorte Plus vinyl plank to put in our kitchen and laundry room- high traffic areas. Does it require an underlayment? Looking for feedback on the quality and durability of this product. Thanks

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

If it has a pad attached on the back then, no, you do not need an underlayment. A few months back when I was installing tons of Floorte, underlayment was an option but not a requirement. Pretty much all the jobs were sold with underlayment because it boosted the amount of the sale. After we had 1 issue with the floor due to the addition of the underlayment (selitac), we quit using the underlayment. It allowed too much give under the products and the joints would fail in situations of heavy rolling loads. Additionally, you may be told that using the underlayment will lessen the need for subfloor prep. This is complete BS because the subfloor flatness requirements do not change one bit whether you have underlayment or not. Aside from that one scenario, it’s a pretty decent product that I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Hughley

Hughley Member

Would you say Floorte Plus is as good as the Tarkett Progen rigid core product?

4. Chris 45

Have not had the experience of working with Tarkett so I couldn’t say. I would say that Coretec is better than Floorte if you are considering other brands.

5. Hughley

Hughley Member

Which line of Coretec?

6. Chris 45

All. Not saying that Floorte is bad, just saying that Coretec is better. Product and company wise.

7. Hughley

Hughley Member

Do you recommend an underlayment with Coretec Plus XL?

8. Chris 45

Coretec has a cork backing attached. Doesn’t get much better than that.

9. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Coretec is a much better product. We had a job in a restaurant fail because of the end joints, Shaw didn’t want to take the blame until the issue was fought, they eventually paid for the replacement when it was proven that we did nothing wrong on the install.

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Chris 45

My point exactly. The job could and probably should have been sold as glue down but either way Shaw will leave you high n dry when a problem arises.

11. Hughley

Hughley Member

Are there any Coretec products that can be glued down?

12. Chris 45

Don’t think that would be necessary for the average residential situation.

13. Hughley

Hughley Member

But is there a Coretec product that can be glued down?

14. Chris 45

Yes. It’s the same product. You just glue it down as opposed to letting it float.

15. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

Question being
    How much direct sunlight will there be on the floor, Glueing CORTEC will bring the Temp ratings up to 140 Degrees.

Floorte is made by the same company USFLOORS

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  16. Hughley

Hughley Member

One area is in front of a bay window so it will receive direct sunlight. I asked about gluing it down because I heard there is less problems if it is glued down. What is your opinion? It’s going in the kitchen and laundry room, high traffic areas.

17. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 1