Shaw Carpet Question

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by INeedCarpet, Dec 16, 2015.

1. INeedCarpet

INeedCarpet New Member

Hello, we got our estimate for Shaw Caress Cashmere III. This is the carpet my wife likes the most from the Bliss (?) and Mowhawks we have tried. 2 questions.

1) What are your overall thoughts on the carpet, especially for softness and durability? (we have no pets, hopefully kids in the future. We plan on being in the home a long time)

2) The padding recommendation from the company is 1/2", 8lb. Is that a high-end pad? My wife wants comfort. I want durability. :)

Thanks!

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

What company? For a long time now, the maximum thickness of cushion recommended for many residential carpets is 7/16", not half-inch. There's still a lot of flooring people using half-inch, but it could void the warranty on your carpet.

Jim

3. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

I'd read through the warranty and see what they will or won't cover. That carpet feels amazing, by the way. I can see why you like it. As to your pad question - here's a relevant quote from the warranty.

[url="https://shawfloors.com/documents/caress%20warranty%20-and-%20care%20guide/645]Caress Care Guide & Warranty Information:pdf:[/url]