Self-leveler on leather couch....

Discussion in 'Cleaning, Maintenance & Restoration' started by alex.smith, Feb 12, 2020.

1. alex.smith

alex.smith Pro Member

Recently had a job where some self leveler leaked into the basement, onto a black leather couch.... Both of our normal go-to cleaners won't deal with leather furniture. I have a few feelers out, but just seeing if anyone here has ever dealt with a similar situation. Can we get it cleaned, or are we about to be buying a leather couch?

IMG_1062_01.jpg

IMG_1060_02.jpg

2. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Have you tried a damp towel yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. alex.smith

alex.smith Pro Member

Haven't tried anything yet. Don't wanna worsen the problem. It wasn't noticed until the morning after the install.

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Try some Saddle soap then like a leather conditioning product
    Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

You’re hoping it didn’t bond well with the leather. You might get lucky and it picks right off.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

@alex.smith Would you mind if I moved this to a different forum? It's not really about "business", but this topic can't be seen by non-pro members, if that's what you were going for.

SLC usually requires a primer that helps it bond to the floor. If this was one of those kinds of SLC and no primer was spilled too, a damp cloth might be your best fix. Then have the whole thing cleaned by a leather cleaner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. alex.smith

alex.smith Pro Member

You're the boss, boss! ;) Probably the wrong forum, but this is where I spend 100% of my time on TFP. Sorry!

But yeah, was just looking for pro input.. I'm also not the actual installer (it was one of the installers that gets work daily via our company).

8. Jim McClain

Jim McClain TFP Owner/Founder Administrator

When pros post to a private forum, I want to make sure to ask before moving. It's your thread, so in some respects, you're the boss too. I just thought, unless it was done to avoid embarrassment or for some other important reason, it would be better help to others who find themselves in a similar situation. Now it can be found by anyone, even on Google, where's before, only members with Pro access could see your thread. Thanks for letting me move it.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  9. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I’d try laying a very hot damp towel on it to soften things up first the. Try cleaning. Luckily it didn’t make it into that carpet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Auto parts store. Leather cleaner, plastic spatula/(auto body type) wet/dry vac, brown shoe polish, Terry cloth towels, water spray bottle, extraction.

• Like Like x 1