Sayings- just a jot for the day

Discussion in 'Taking a Break From Flooring' started by Mike Antonetti, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Wise ones or not, I kinda make one up for the day, sometimes a summary or situation, hopefully to improve and learn.

Today’s is “everyone makes up their own little world they live in” Kind of from some recent family discussions. Had some more the past week work related, intended to start the topic but may have forgotten them.

2. Mike Antonetti

I’m not a Dr. So Don’t test my patience. ( a Floor product rep said he was sending me parts,I’ll get it out today, going on for two weeks now.”you should have it within 2 days”) I’m going ballistic if this doesn’t happen. Someone upstream is going to be real upset, “I guarantee it!”( I don’t sell suits either(fired))

3. Mike Antonetti

You should hire your harshest critic.

4. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

mine is: No matter where you go, there you are!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

My most quotable quote while I was flooring was "Just @%$#ing kill me"
    Probably good I quit ;)

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Everyone has their own agenda.

7. Mike Antonetti

Which price do you want? The do it right price?

8. Mike Antonetti

Have compassion, if you accidentally swallow a bug, think how they feel.

• Like Like x 1
  9. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I'm tired.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Everywhere you go, there you are

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mike Antonetti

Nobody Listens

12. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Ya can't fix stupid!

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Mike Antonetti

“Nip it in the bud.” Related to don’t let a problem dwell or resolve a situation before it becomes a problem.

Today I went to the walk in clinic, yes, Sunday at 9am to resolve an eyelid swelling (day 3 getting bigger) and since Epoxyman had his eye swell shut I hopefully got control of it with some medication. I can’t take off till Thursday, I love these walk in clinics. My Wife’s friends husband fell on his boat and busted his lip open not wanting to go to hospital but she said it finally stopped bleeding couple days later, So that could drag on.

14. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Seas The Day !

I bought this Epoxy Ocean + waves art work from my sister in-law.
    She just started this hobby and participated in a local art show. 2019-05-19-17-05-19-312.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  15. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Is that you in the photo, Mike? Your sister-in-law?

16. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

We have several "in-house" sayings that are really inside jokes and I bust one out occassionally when necessary...

We were doing some in house training years ago when we distributed Durabond products years ago. We were doing demos on their floor patch and self-leveling and our sales staff was all standing around. God bless 'em but some of them just have no clue when it comes to installation. At any rate an older sales guy was just fascinated by the "low-RPM mixer" that the Durabond rep was using. Mind you this is not something we sell. But this rep just kept interrupting the demo to ask questions about the mixer and each time he'd interrupt he'd preface by saying "Now, getting back to this drill motor..." After awhile we were all pretty much ready to kill him if he asked one more damn question about "the drill motor".

Now, whenever one of our meetings starts getting a bit unnecessarily long I'll interject with "Now, getting back to this drill motor..." which usually gets a laugh but also gets the point across to just keep things moving.

So, now you guys can use that on me when my posts start getting crazy long...A gentle "Now, getting back to that drill motor..." should do the trick.:yesss:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  17. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

I was attending a Barwick Carpet Mills meeting back in the 70's and the presenter would get sidetracked by a few useless interruptions. He would get the train back on track with "Movin right along now" in that distinctive Georgia drawl so customary in the North Georgia area. The phrase has been forever embedded in my head ever since.
    Dick

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

We often say "you get the customer you deserve". Depending on the moment, that is either a compliment, or an insult.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  19. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Yes and Yes ! :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mike Antonetti

Careful what you ask for, you may get it.

Couldn’t pass on these cabinets. Way more extra work that I don’t need right now.

Attached Files: