1. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

The WFCA has said that the S 600 has been aproved. We now have an ANSI standard

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I saw that. Now all they have to do is get the info out there to every installer-ya right. How many installer have you run into that have never of the CRI ones? I have heard it a bunch of times. Then I guess who is going to enforce it-the inspectors?
    I personally don't think anything will change. It's still going to be "monkey see, monkey do". Just my thoughts in my old age.

:old:

Daris

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

It will probably cost an arm and a leg so the inspectors will have to pay for it.

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Can't someone furnish us with a press release once in a while? You guys that knew about this must know I like to publish these kinds if things in support of the flooring industry. A little support from you is all I ask. I can't copy some other news organization's page, but I can post the contents of an organization's press release, like those from WFCA, ANSI, etc. - information normally sent to its members and other recognized news sources. TFP isn't a "recognized" news source because I don't have the hundreds of dollars a year it takes to belong to all of them.

Jim

5. Roland Thompson

Jim, It was and e-mail sent to member's first. I am sure it will be out in force today.

6. Jim McClain

Email from who? When? It was published by BNP Media 3 days ago, so it was a news release from some organization that doesn't send releases to TFP. It could have been forwarded to me by any of our members that received it. Or they could have posted it as a new topic here on TFP. If it said anywhere in the email that this was a press release, then it can be posted on TFP word-for-word. That's what a press release is for.

Some of our members work for industry organizations and manufacturers that send out press releases. If you think about it, please send them to me or post the press release on the forum.

7. Jim McClain

Those are OTHER news organizations whose content I cannot copy and paste here. They aren't the source of the news release.

8. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

Google gave me this but there has to be more. Like the date its in effect, etc.

ANSI approves WFCA sponsored S600 carpet installation standard

April 17, 2015
    Print This Article
    Share it With Friends
    [removed]

9. Jim McClain

Google also took that from Floor Covering NEWS. You can't copy & paste content from them. I had to edit your post.

10. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

11. Nate Hall

Thanks...again Jim. I haven't broken the copyright laws more than two or three times...so far this year.
    I saw the "print this" and "share with friends" and I thought I was in the clear...

12. Jim McClain

Yeah, you wouldn't know what they really mean unless you read their terms of service page. Print this means you can print a copy and pass it around to your friends individually. "Share this" is a link to the bottom of their page that allows you to post a link to FCNews' website on facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest, LinkedIn and other social media.

Copy & Paste from any website to another is almost always a violation of copyright law. You can do it when the page is titled News Release or if it's a government website. It's pretty safe to say that, if the news is about an organization, then that organization has offered it as a news release (but you have to be on their mailing list to get it, or have someone that is send it to you), or as an exclusive to some single news organization/publication. WFCA sends their news releases to members and recognized news organizations. Those who receive it can forward it to anyone they want - it is a news release and, therefore, in the public domain. But even if a news organization/publication published the news release word-for-word, you cannot copy & paste it from their website. You wouldn't know if it was copied from the actual news release unless you had a copy of the news release - then you would obviously just copy and paste from that.

Jim

13. Roland Thompson

I held off saying anything hoping the mills will get on board backing it. That has not happened yet.
    So I am glad it has gone thru but am not sure the weight it will hold against the mills.
    WFCA owns it, but the again not sure how much say the IICRC will have.
    All this is still being talked out.

14. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Their Kinda between a rock, sitting on the fence? Reminds me of the ceramic/stone industry.

What's the lowdown on this book? Install standards? Is it mill standards as well, what about transportation standards, warehouse temps standards. Or is it just the Standard Standards?

15. Nate Hall

Mexico has strict air pollution laws and Mexico City has the dirtiest air. The rules are only as good as the enforcement. So how do we get retailers to enforce standards on individual installers? Most of them don't even know what their crews are doing, besides bringing back checks.

16. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Haven't we been down this road before?

17. Majwoody

Majwoody Pro Member

How about a set of standards retailers must follow? Perhaps an audit system that rewards those who follow guidelines and punishes those who don't.
    If you can't get an installer to open the book and follow what's in it, you could open it for him and back charge by what's written. Most guys know a stretcher pick is a no-no but they still use them. Still can't get GC's to provide adequate work environments without making a bunch of noise. The problem is the people and their choices. The only way to improve the quality of the labor force is to improve the reward. There is just not ehough money to make real change happen.
    Mexico's air quality laws are more for revenue generating. I witnessed a protest in Mexico about this and my wife explained what was going on. Kinda hard to buy a new Prius when your income won't even allow you to eat meat everyday.

18. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

How can you have this

ANSI/IICRC S800 Carpet Inspection
    ANSI/IICRC S800 Standard and Reference Guide for Inspecting Textile Floor Coverings

IICRC announces the publication of a new ANSI-approved Standard – ANSI/IICRC S800 Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Inspection of Textile Floorcoverings (1st edition, 2014).

When they don't have a ANSI SPEC cleared for Installation yet, and in the S800 refers to the S600...

I would say mills are gonna have to do something because Inspectors are referencing the S800 in inspection reports....