S600 standard

Discussion in 'Industry News, Training & Organizations' started by Rodney Henderson, Oct 8, 2016.

1. Rodney Henderson

Rodney Henderson Pro Member

Anybody bite the bullet and buy or acquire these new standards yet? Im curious to find out what they are all about and how much different they may be if at all to the cri 104&105. I guess if I was curious enough I would have them myself but I value all of your opinions greatly since you all have more experience and time then I do.
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Let's hear what Varden has to say about it. Hello? I guess an inspector can say they weren't abided by, I could say It wasn't specified to be installed according to, nor paid to be installed in accordance with. All part of the condoning of volume not quality of installations.

All part of the game. Maybe someone else would like to respond.
  3. Rodney Henderson

Rodney Henderson Pro Member

After I posted this I went looking for the standard, and I still can't find anything or anyway to obtain it. I thought it was supposed to be in use at the end of August? They wanna talk about a crisis, a lack of information or a lack of accessibility of information is also a bad thing for guys like me who want to better their knowledge, but thats for a different thread so I will leave it at that.
  4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

As far as I know it has been dropped.........at least for now.
    I think it was the mills that got it dropped. Just guessing. I'm sure Roland has more on it.

5. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, I don't think anyone could agree on it. The cleaning industry (IICRC)tried to monopolize on it, around the time Jim Walker stepped down, WFA captured/integrated with CFI. Now there's an installation crisis. I think it's a power struggle. Don't count on hearing the raw truth.
  6. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Quite a conspiracy theory you got goin' there, Mike. I've been hearing about the "installation crisis" online since the late nineties. You think WFCA and/or CFI had anything to do with it way back then?

Never mind. The only thing I think I can agree with you on is your last sentence. It's applicable to just about everything in life. We'll never get to hear the raw truth... or we'll never know it, if we do. :hu:
  7. Mike Antonetti

I shoulda put an exclamation point there after crisis! If the retailer has no installer that day, it's a crisis!

Here they have commercials I think it's Bobs Carpet Mart, buy today install tomorrow.

Jim, I'm appalled (not really) you think I'm gullible of any "conspiracy theories" here's my take on all the whack jobs theories.

8. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

It is not dead. Just a fast input. I am with the wife for our 42 years together. It went to ANSI and passed, CRI then appealed it. They won the appeal, then WFCA appealed, and then they won. Now CRI is appealing again. So will it come out as a ANSI standard? most likely yes. Will the mills honor it? That is hard to say yet.
    Could put more in about it but that will have to be later.