Rug Stretcher?

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by Mike Antonetti, May 11, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Attached Files:

2. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I have one in my collection. I nicknamed it medival. The part showing the big teeth is the locking mechanism and is padded so you put your knee on it to lock it. Study the pixctures and you can figure it out. But the guy bumped his head on the price. I think I got mine for like $20.
    By the way that was patented on Jan, 13,1891 pat# 444,415, actually has 2 different holding heads, one for carpet and the other for oil-cloth.
    Patent US0444415

:old:

Daris

Last edited: May 11, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Saw a whole lot of antique carpet tools on there that they wanted like $800 for also.

4. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

and that tool right there is why every time some crusty old dill hole tries to tell me they "didn't have carpet stretchers in my day" i just give 'em the old stink eye

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Mike Antonetti

Lot of people today don’t know they still exist. I use to ask “did they power stretch it”? I don’t know what that is was usually the reply. Some thing they use with their knee.

6. Daris Mulkin

I was told to hit the road once by a lawyer that I was putting carpet in once that it wasn't a power stretcher because it wasn't electrical. Took some doing to prove it wasn't.

Daris

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. Mike Antonetti

Yeah, that “power” word throws people off! Tape a extension cord to your arm. Then the MP3 player hit “I got the power” and do a little jiggy wit it!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Daris Mulkin

When doing certifications we used to put a power cord in the box next to the sretcher and watch them try to figure out where to plug it in. Told us who used one or not really quick.

Daris

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1