Rubber flooring

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by kwfloors, Jul 29, 2017.

1. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

So just got back from a cruise and when we were on our way to Alaska, one of the areas was getting worked on while on our trip. I checked in often to see the steps they were doing but missed a lot. They, 5 guys, got it done in 4 days. Prep and put this rubber stuff down. I took pics of the product and emailed the company as its a Netherlands company. Haven't heard back yet but maybe someone here knows this product.

rubber buckets.jpg rubber flooring.jpg

2. KW, did it go down like a pad-and-pour type of flooring?

3. kwfloors

I didn't see how they put it down. I'm thinking its a broadcast system as the rubber granuals are in the bags. Haven't heard from them yet. Maybe a trowel down also as it goes down to a 5mm to 7mm thickness. They started prepping on Monday night and done by Thursday because we could walk on it by Friday. It was on all the outside decks of the Norwegian Jewel ship. Not slippery when wet so I'm anxious to find out about it.

4. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

You will have to go back and do another cruise to check it out :D

5. kwfloors

Maybe have to go to the Netherlands to get training.

6. Pretty cool stuff. I looked at their website and it's got a lot of interesting applications. Thanks for the post!

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Haven't looked at yet but I bet it's similar to product on US Navy ships. I missed all products applied, the shotblasters I saw to remove non skid. What I remember was a thicker material inside with chips for color.

Marine use it would have to be similar for flammability/toxic/skid resistance.

I do recall the odor as severe for interior spaces.

8. kwfloors

9. kwfloors

One guy in USA in Atlanta, got him on the phone and didn't want me or anyone else doing it here, just him and his crew. Going over his head another way to contact them, disappointed in that guy.

10. Jon Scanlan

Looks like he wants to keep it all for himself
    Wonder if he has bought a franchise from the manufacturer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kwfloors

I don't know but kind of doubt it because there is no mention of it anywhere on the site. The only way I got a reply from anyone was on LinkedIn. I replied that that didn't thrill me on there so we'll see.

12. kwfloors

• Like Like x 1
  13. eaadams

eaadams Sport Floor Pro

There is a system like that in Europe. You cast the rubber into like a urethane mix. Then you sand it, broom it, add more, telegraph in, repeat till you end up with all the fines glued in. Nice system absurd labor.

14. kwfloors

I would have been all over that. Guess that's how Norwegian does it. They did that to one bar area over the pool deck a day after we set sail. We got to use it after 3 days.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I was telling my wife on a cruise I could help the crew do some flooring work. Eating all day gets boring. I gained 10 lbs on one cruise trying really hard. Work burnt it off in 3 days. I think the quality of the shows are down, one lead singer was not that good. I’d guess some homework would be good beforehand from recent cruisers to get some input on shipboard conditions. Gotta be a forum for cruising.

16. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

• Like Like x 1
  17. kwfloors

There is cruise critic also that Jon hooked me on to.

18. Jon Scanlan

Yeah that is a lot better than the one Jim suggested I couldn't make sense of it
    This is the cruise you want to do

The penguins are funny You have to keep 15 ft away from them but the penguins don't know that rule as you can see in the video