Rough day

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by nimrod, May 9, 2015.

1. nimrod

nimrod Pro Member

After fighting leukemia for a year and a half my father passed away on Monday.Today was the funeral. He was 75. Sad to see him go....I loved him very much although I would say most of our lives together we did not always see eye to eye but I have come to realize he was always just doing what he thought was best for me....I just didn't see it then.I do appreciate the work ethic he instilled in me, sense of pride in what I do and helping me learn my skills which has allowed me to provide for me n my family. And of course he started the business my wife and I now own and run hope we can continue to do so and make him proud.....
    gonna miss you Dad...
    Daryl

2. Majwoody

Majwoody Pro Member

Sorry for your loss. My pops died from cancer at 56 in 2012. It's hard to see them go but living with cancer can be miserable. Working with your father and now running the biz will keep him close to your heart.

3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry to hear of your loss. We don't always see eye to eye with our loved ones but that don't mean that we don't love them.

:old:

Daris

4. UncleCliffie

UncleCliffie Charter Member

My condolences for your loss. My older brother fought that dang stuff for 12 years. I know only too well the pain to watch a loved one as they slowly lose the battle. Prayers for you and your family.
    Dick

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Sad news, Daryl, so sorry for your loss.

6. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Sorry for your loss. I lost my dad last year July 8th. I'm not looking forward to this year's father's day. Be strong

7. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Sorry to hear the news.

8. Hanover Fist

Hanover Fist Pro Member

I'm in Chicago right now spending time with my terminal father.
    Rough days ahead - so I'm right there with ya' Daryl.
    My thoughts are with you while we struggle to remember the good times and make a few new ones while there's time.
    Rented a Porsche for the weekend and drove down Lake Shore Drive with our hair on fire - just daring the cops to pull me over.
    They didn't take me up on it but dad grinned like a kid!

9. nimrod

nimrod Pro Member

thanks for the thoughts guys. I appreciate it. The last weeks have been up and down...on April 27 wife and I had an am appointment with her oncologist for the results of her latest CAT scan....scan was clear and blood marker test was normal! Doctor felt all was well that she can get her chemo port removed as soon as possible!! Awesome! We were flying high until my mother called us that night to tell us the doctor said there was nothing else to do for my father and they were sending home for hospice. They gave him 2-4 weeks. He had a strong faith in God and once he knew there was nothing more to do he decided not to fight it anymore, he wanted to go home.

And Hanover I love your way of thinking with the car ride....excellent!

10. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

So Sorry for your loss Daryl, but encouraged by what you have gained.

I have no doubt that he was proud of you ! and appreciates all that you have done and continue to do, with the Family Business.

Rest in Peace

Mike