Rosemary Tewksbury

Discussion in 'In Memoriam' started by Jim McClain, Nov 25, 2010.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

A good friend of mine passed away last week. I was first introduced to her early in my sobriety over 20 years ago. She continued to influence my sobriety and I enjoyed being her friend and associate for many years. Below is her obituary.

---

337294.jpg Quincy resident Rosemary Tewksbury peacefully passed from this life Thursday afternoon, November 18th, 2010, at the age of 79. Born in Los Angeles, California on September 20th, 1931, she was adopted as a young child. Rosemary was raised in Anaheim, California and excelled in academics at Anaheim Union High School, graduating as a member of the class of 1949. Following two years at Occidental College in Southern California, Rosemary went on to continue her education at Stanford University graduating with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in 1953. She received her Masters Degree in Art from Stanford in 1954 and later in life received a second Masters Degree in Interior Design from Woodbury College.

Rosemary married Southern California attorney Frank Yoder in 1956 and to this union a son; John and two daughters; Susan and Carol were born. The marriage later ended in divorce. Rosemary married her college mate, Robert Tewksbury on July 4th, 1980 in a ceremony in San Marino, CA.

As her children grew Rosemary went to work as an Art Instructor at Whittier High School as well as teaching interior design at Woodbury College. During this time she also began developing her interior design business, serving clients in the Pasadena, Whittier and Los Angeles areas. Respected for her talents Rosemary was a regularly invited participant in the Showcase of Interior Design, an event held yearly in Pasadena, CA.

Rosemary was a longtime member of the American Society of Interior Designers and was actively involved in politics through the Republican Womens Club and as a member of Plumas County's Republican Central Committee. She enjoyed any and all time she could spend with her family especially traveling with her husband. An accomplished artist she enjoyed painting as well as finding solace in reading a good book.

In passing Rosemary leaves her loving husband of thirty years; Robert of Quincy, CA, daughters; Susan Yoder of San Francisco, CA, Carol Bond of Corte Madera, CA, Kathleen John-Beatty and Amy Maria Hendrickson both of Quincy, CA, sons; Robert Tewksbury of Medford, Or and David Tewksbury of Champaign, IL, fourteen grand and two great grandchildren all of whom were so precious in her heart.

She joins her son; John Yoder who passed from this life in April of 2009 and a sister; JoAnn in their eternal home.

An opportunity to express your condolences to the family along with signing the memorial guest register is available online at FehrmanMortuary.com. The family suggests any remembrances in Rosemary's memory be made to Christ the King Episcopal Church c/o Fehrman Mortuary and Crematory P.O. Box 53, Quincy, CA 95971

2. Tandy Reeves

Tandy Reeves Resting In Peace Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks for sharing with us your friend. You will always have a spot in your heart for her and the love and kindness shown you. This was at a time in your life when you really needed a friend and there she was.

3. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

Sorry for your loss Jim!!

People in our lives who make a difference and care are especially hard to lose.

Death is the most unnatural event in our lives. It can be so very hard.

We are all here for you.

Barry

4. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend Jim.

Daris

5. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

I'm sorry for your loss Jim. Friends like her are far and few between and when you lose them, it's especially hard. A sizable piece of your heart goes with them. But the greatest of memories are yours to keep.

6. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I am sorry to hear of the loss of your friend as well Jim.

7. stullis

stullis Charter Member Senior Member

My sympathies to you and her family Jim.

Her influence will be felt for many years by those she touched.

8. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

I'm sorry for your loss Jim. Special people like that are irreplaceable and when they leave, it leaves a void in your life. My landlord Josephine passed away this year at the age of 102 and my neighbor buddy Wes passed away less than a month later at the age of 84. I wish they could both come back, and know you must feel the same about Rosemary.