retail business software

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Guy Arnal, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Guy Arnal

Guy Arnal Pro Member

I am getting off my knees after 42 years. I have an opportunity to start a retail cash and carry. I ve been looking at different programs at Surfaces. Trying to decide between RFMS and Qfloor. Any suggestions? thanks

2. Isabella Flooring

Isabella Flooring Pro Member

Depends how big you want to be....cash and carry as you stated, well software programs create a paper trail, so, if you want Uncle Sam in your pocket them programs or nice, quick books is also nice and qfloors is good to, an download price tags with qfloors, as i said, cash and carry shouldn't have a program, none numbered invoices...

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

For a start up business QuickBooks should be sufficient. The cost of RFMS or others is quite high for year one of a start up.

I would not reccomend trying to hide your business from the tax man. Even if your business model is CC, keep your records, pay your taxes, and sleep well at night.

4. Fuzzy Sideup

Fuzzy Sideup Pro Member

I have to put a definate "ditto" about Quickbooks. It is very inexpensive compared to others and you can always upgrade to a "flooring" software package based upon your needs. :yesss:

5. Nate Hall

Nate Hall Types With Elbows Senior Member Published

i switched from Quickbooks to Peachtree and I am happier. QB opperates as if you know basic accounting (I don't ) and it is hard to correct a mess-up ( I had a lot ). It came with so many features that the load time was prohibitive. Plus my accountant uses Peachtree and so my taxes are easier for both of us.
    Paying taxes is a must. In case you haven't heard the Guh'ment is a little short lately and I personally know of audits in the flooring trade. Dot your Ts and cross your eyes.:D

6. drclam

drclam Pro Member

Quick books has a flooring software package???

Quick books saved me lots of money. I was able to hire a real account who is very fast. She comes in 4 hours a week, pays bills, sales tax...
    Changing QB made the job open to reg. accounting people, yearly savings was huge.
    We do about 800K a year
    Our quote starts with flooring soft which sends contract to QB via "the cloud".
    So there is a buffer zone between quotes/ contracts and QB. I had liked the safety, keeping my sales people out of QB.
    The cloud & flooring soft has it's issues, lag and some data not coming over. It's a general retail program fit to work for flooring sales.
    Umm, if QB has a floor covering module of some kind. That would be interesting to check out. Does it ???