Respirator mask

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Mike Sliwinski, Jul 16, 2017.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

I cleaned and treated a sofa, using 'Natures Miracle for Cats' and decided
    to do it outside with no mask. For the next three days I had chest pain.
    On the forth day I felt much better, but had to treat more cat pee on concrete.
    I wore the mask ! and had no chest pain.

So ! this is me giving testimonial to wear that mask when you know that you should, even if the directions don't call for it.

Mike

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I poured tung oil on a stump trying to get rid of it, half to see if it will do any difference or preserve it. A wood beetle crawled out and was dead in about 30 seconds, and then I thought about those flooring guys complaining about how adhesives aren't as good as old days, and how they're not thankful for living a longer healthier life.

Similar to Silica, right now your lungs don't know who osha is or care, so reducing the minimum will start saving more lives, but I think damage among many has been done. I read a post on another site where they said their new shroud captured 99% of the dust, well that means you see it, the stuff that kills you is smaller than visible, so basically you're naive to think it's safe.

I was breathing silicone vapors in the RV, I should've had forced ventilation but I didn't want it to skin over, I could've exhausted air and brought it across from an open window in the back.

I called a rep and left a message about a new adhesive that was giving us headaches, he didn't return my call.

So yes, breathing anything other than @20% oxygen, 80% nitrogen until lungs can be scrubbed and impurities removed, its pot luck on pot life of longevity.

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I think I heard Epsom salts to get rid of stumps. Also saw a guy drill angle holes from the sides and one down the middle and light it up. Burned out in a week.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Thanks Ken, I tried lot of ways, the excavator worked well, this one was near a burn pile, naturally it's been decaying maybe two years.

Respirators are a little tricky, there are few different types. I was using an organic one for dust and various chemicals but just mainly dust now use the pink one. I think it filters the most for dust/fibers in air.

The organic cartridges do not filter out all chemicals. There is a list with cartridges mile long for chemicals it works on, but MSDS for product using is better to verify.

Fit testing is required for continuos use, proper care,cleaning, checking seal when donning, and changing cartridges when required. Sitting in open air cartridges are still working. I try to keep mine in a ziplock to keep sand from getting around seal preventing leak by.

I noticed yesterday looking up some bed info one guy monitors VOC level in his home,maybe not accurate, but he's aware.

Saw on ABC news police interceptors got carbon monoxide in their vehicles and passing out. Ford says it may be due to equipment modifications that allow it to seep into cabin. Some are putting monitors in.

Some have died using paint stripper due to inadequate ventilation. Guess I had enough using same product getting rid of Sunbelt green on some of my equipment.

When we were installing hardwood with a new adhesive I opened windows, heat and humidity entered but breathing was a priority.

Attached Files:

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

For getting a stump to decay or kill a root use salt.

:old:
    Daris

• Like Like x 1