Removing furniture marks from a wool area rug

Discussion in 'Floorcovering Installation & Maintenance Tips' started by Mike Sliwinski, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Well ! I must give our good friend Dave Hunt credit for this, as he empowered me a few years back with the skill to remove
    crease marks from a folded wool area rug, by using a household
    iron :yesss:........ So! I figured it should work removing furniture marks too :cool:

Check it out, I hope the photos are focused. Maybe someone can 1/4 turn the pics for me Thx !

I simply transferred the marks from the face to the back, using
    ice pics, because ! believe it or not, you couldn't see the marks from this custom made tufted wool area rug.

I spritzed the area with water, using the spray button on the iron and then pressed the marks forward with the tip of the hot iron. ( on the wool setting ) This helped remove the materials memory of having a dent into the backing. Then unroll the rug , exposing the marks, and on the face, spritz and apply hot iron directly onto the face fibers. Then gently manipulate the yarn to lift it back into shape. I used the back of my linoleum knife and miraculously the marks are gone. I say gently because ! you can see one area, where I got
    to rough :eek: and the wool started to pill or is that fuzz ?.... no extra charge for that ;).......your welcome !

Easy money ! :cool:

Mike

Attached Files:

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice Mike, it goes with all products we use, you should know how to manipulate it, work with it, how it's made, what its made of, do experiments at home, it distinguishes the best in the business.