Quickest route to TFP

Discussion in 'Forum & Member Account How-To's' started by Mike Antonetti, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

How do I get to TFP on a continuous basis. Instead of going thru Tapatalk, I'm now going thru Google, TFP comes up automatically on subtitle, then I click that which searches and comes up first, then click that, maybe another step. So is there a direct flight, one button? I also like the latest posts on Tapatalk, which on safari or viewing web page the new posts there are some missing and not a chronological list, so I lose touch with recent replies and I don't always see when someone is typing behind my back.

2. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

What are you using to access? Iphone I am guessing.

Pull TFP up using your browser, at the bottom of the screen is a box with an arrow up, click this. It gives you options, click on add to home screen, click and then click add. You get an Icon and instant access.

3. Bud Cline

Bud Cline Tile Expert Charter Member Senior Member Published

I have a similar issue in that I have never been able to place a shortcut to TFP on my desk top and have it stick.

I also don't see the arrow mentioned above.

The only arrow at the bottom of my pages is the "TOP" arrow, which I use all the time by the way. Good move there! :)

4. RFI

RFI Mr. Nefarious Senior Member

Pretty dam tech savvy for a OLD floor guy! :old::old::old: :cool:

I just love giving you a hard time!

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I'm kinda surprised at this. I thought everyone knew how to use their browsers. I spend a great deal of time online every day and well over half the sites I visit are in my Bookmarks (Firefox, Chrome, Opera) / Favorites (IE). I don't know what Safari calls it, but they have the feature too. Even my smartphone's browser has a Bookmarks feature.

As for seeing all the latest posts, this forum software has a link to all the new posts that have been made since you last visited. There's a link in the navbar above, labeled New Posts and there's one in the box at the upper-right corner of every page that says "Hello [your user name]" (if you have an avatar, you'll see it there too) and it even tells you exactly how many posts have been made since your last visit to the site.

I have always tried to make sure things were easy to find here. The software we use (and any new software we go to) has plenty of options for site navigation. Look around and you will see. If you use some kind of ad blocking software/browser plugin, then it may be blocking more than just ads. I doubt seriously that TFP has such abusive and offensive advertising that you would need to block it and shame on those of you who haven't bothered to speak up about it if you do.

Finally, if you don't tell me what you are using to access TFP, it's very difficult for me to help. All of you are talking about accessing a website, but you can't do that without a browser installed on a device that uses an operating system. None of you have said what any of those things are. As an example, I am using the latest Firefox browser, running on my Windows 8.1 desktop computer. Occasionally, I will use the Google Chrome browser on my Android powered Samsung Galaxy Note 3 smartphone. This is basic information and very little, if any support can be offered without knowing some or all of that.

Jim

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I think I have it. For the IPhone I tap settings and TFP symbol is right there, tap that and pulls up screen logged in. Prior I would hit Google then gives a list of previous, then tap TFP, then some new page, click this link which is hard to see, not bold print and color is close to black for color deficient people(me) but I have it now for iPhone at least.

7. Bud Cline

Using IE with Windows 7 to attend TFP.

Also use Firefox but I utilize Add-Blocker there for other forums who's ads are very annoying and highlight some words that when you accidently hover over them they launch a new page. It also blocks the ads that have unsolicited videos that pop up and play automatically.

8. Jim McClain

When in MS Internet Explorer, use the navigation bar above to find your way to the page you always want to be on when you first land at TFP. Once you are there, click the star in the upper-right corner. Click the Add to Favorites button, then click the folder you want to put your landing page in (you can organize your Favorites by creating folders and moving Favorites items around - use your mouse and its right & left buttons). If you want, you can change the Name of the item. Once you have it the way you want - name & folder - click the Add button. Now, wherever you are on the Interweb, you can click the Favorites star again, navigate to the folder that has your particular Favorites item in and click the item. See the screenshot illustrations below.

Over the years, the features and interface of browsers and websites change. As of today, Feb. 14, 2015, this is how it looks and works.

Hope that helps all the IE users.

Jim

Attached Files:

9. Bud Cline

Thanks Jim, I can handle all of that.
    What I can't seem to do is to get TFP on my desk top. I've had it there briefly in the past but it doesn't stay for some reason. Don't know what that's all about.

10. Jim McClain

That's pretty easy in IE too. Right-click in an empty area of any web page you want to make a shortcut to. Select "Create shortcut." Click Yes. The shortcut will appear on your desktop and you can rename it anything you want. When you double-click the shortcut icon, your default web browser will open to the page you made a shortcut to. See the illustrations below.

Attached Files: