Quickbooks

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Mike Antonetti, Apr 15, 2018.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

I think I got the wrong QuickBooks. Didn’t know they had a “self employed” QuickBooks till I googled tracking miles. I think I pay 10$ a month now, it helps to email estimates to customers. Went to get the Self Employed QuickBooks app and there’s a charge for it so guess I need to make a phone call during business hours and convert over? It already started clocking miles.

Attached Files:

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

They make their money off of subscriptions and add ons.

3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I got the last year of desktop they offered.... I am NEVER going to go subscription based. I paid 250ish once and never again

4. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Anyone use freshbooks?

5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I tried their free trial... but it is the same thing. Subscription based. Can't handle that, sure I lose the functionality of invoicing on the spot... and auto bank feed, but I'll be damned if I get in board for a subscription based service that owns all my data. No thanks, that my financial future... well past I suppose. To he honest, as far as accounting software is concerned I could not be happier with the quickbooks.

6. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I haven't used QuickBooks for years, but did use the product for quite a number of years when I had my flooring business. Although I haven't researched them in particular, I am very familiar with subscription based software. I pay a monthly fee to Adobe for my photography habit and yearly to several other software providers, including the software our forums are run on. They get my money, but they don't have access to any data. Some of them offer a cloud based service, but I don't trust "the cloud" and have never used anything in the cloud, except the software update service they all run on. I suspect QB runs the same way.

The advantage of subscription software is that you always get the latest and greatest software updates and patches. It's pretty much the same way Microsoft and Apple do it. They don't get access to your data unless you specifically give it to them. All of the subscription software I use is more secure and offers regular fixes and even new features. Some I let update automatically, others send me notifications about available updates so I can process them when I want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

I used the QBooks invoice program for billing, it was great. You could separate out your services and see where you made the most money over time. You could print out exactly how much you made doing sub floors, floor prep, bathrooms, kitchens by yards, floor prep, cove or 1/4 round. It could all be broken down. A nice piece of software and at the end of the year, you knew exactly how much each store paid you or other customers. You knew where you were making the bulk of your money. I liked it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1