Questions about turbo tools

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Robert5084, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Robert5084

Robert5084 Pro Member

Which Turbo nozzle is the best overall?
    Is the turbo plane with the money?
    Are these tools over price or does the effectiveness of the tool justify the price?

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

worth every penny.... probably WORTH double, but then no one would buy them :)

I would quit welding without my Master groover.

3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I say you need to just use the common everyday stuff, base grade quality, you don’t sound ready.

4. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

If you're going to make any singular investment in the Turbo line, get the Master Groover!! If you have never used one or seen it used in a real job situation, you are really not ready for the experience you are going to have. If you groove much it's the best thing on the market.

I bought mine nearly 20 years ago with every intention of using it on a big job and sending it back...I still have it!!!(Or the new , upgraded version for free, per Leo's guarantee).

5. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

I love mine. I also have the Turbo plane, never use it. I like my Mozart knife better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Barry Carlton

Barry Carlton I Support TFP Senior Member Published

I have the Precision nozzle, the universal nozzle, detail nozzle, cove groover, planer, roller guide, turbo groover, marmo groover set, and several misc tips. I would give up everything except the turbo and marmo groovers if needed. Don't get me wrong, they are all great tools, but for production work those groovers do the most and the best.

That said...I do have the Precision nozzle for sale. It is nearly the same as the Universal nozzle. But it really does need the roller guide (usually easy to find on Ebay)

Turbo Tools Precision Nozzle

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2018