Questions about Mohawk SolidTech LVP

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by emeraldnw, Aug 5, 2017.

1. emeraldnw

emeraldnw Member

I am looking at Mohawk SolidTech LVP for the whole house... 1500 sq feet.

1) I would like to not use transition strips anywhere in the house.Can this product be glued down and then exclude the doorway/long run transition strips? My understanding is that glueing it down eliminates the expansion/contraction issues... true?

2) What do you think about a 12mm wear layer? Is it enough to keep from scratching it up badly?

2. emeraldnw

emeraldnw Member

I am looking at Mohawk SolidTech LVP for my entire house (approx. 1500')

1) I do not want transition strips. If this product is glued down, can it be done without transition strips? In other words, does the gluing down process remove the need for the strips because the expansion/contraction has been controlled by gluing down?

2) Is 12 mm enough of a wear layer for an active household?

3) Does anyone have experience with the long term performance of the product? Problems? Things to be aware of?

3. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Please stop replying to old topics about your new project. I moved your first post about this to this new topic and now moved a nearly identical post to this topic. Be patient. You'll get replies.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

From what I see it's a floating. If you want gluedown buy a specific gluedown product.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Just because a product is glued down, does not mean that the expansion/contraction is controlled. Even glued down products expand and contract. Follow manufacturers instruction or as Mike said go with a glued down product