Pulse bac 1250 wanted

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by Mike Antonetti, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I need a couple more used CDC Larue pulsebac 1250's. I know they break a bit so I need a reserve on hand to change out while on the job. The one in New condition sold on this site for 1800$ was an excellent deal but timing and distance is everything. So, any condition is fine, the cheaper the better. Preciate it.

A finders fee of 50$ and 50$ to Jim will be distributed upon delivery.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I've spent the last half-hour searching for that damn vacuum, but all I can find are new ones. Expensive! Wish I coulda helped.

3. Mike Antonetti

I've spent couple years looking as with a lot of equipment. I ended up buying a new planetary grinder though close to getting some used ones. I think it's going to be a word of mouth/ stumble upon this site when researching to sell one. Usually most people buy the 1050 & 1150, they go up in price 1k $ each level.

4. Mike Antonetti

I found this one, not sure how to dump the drum. I'm gonna pass. World of Concrete may have some of the attendees ditching the older models. I think they have a new pin system, the old ones break continuously.

Attached Files:

5. Mike Antonetti

No longer looking for these vacs, Buying ones that do not break from Dustram. Will have to upgrade my others.

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

What brand do they use?

7. Mike Antonetti

It starts as a PB-1250 CDC Larue, then they redesigned the components that break while vacuum is in use, so its modified.

8. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Look at the Vortex line

9. Mike Antonetti

About all I pulled up was the Dust Deputy.

Only other competitor I know of is the Ermator brand, HTC, similar, but I think they're manual pulse.

The automatic pulse is a rather simple system. Circuit board, valves. The pin broke on this one today, works ok for minor dust pickup, filter will be caked with dust, but other two work. Except when other two filters are pulsing, only one filter is operating.

Here is a picture of the solenoids, the motor sits on top and pulls air through each of the 3 filters inside the tank up through the connected valves. Every 5 seconds from a circuit board, the solenoids are activated individually. Air is then pulled in from ambient air, the other two filters are pulling air up and the outside air then goes in reverse through the one filter pushing dust off the pleats and falling into tank thereby "cleaning" the filter to allow it to pull more dust.
    Pictured is where the pin goes, and at the bottom where pins usually end up.

The automatic puls

Attached Files:

10. Mike Antonetti

Maybe I bought a 1250 on eBay, not sure if it's a scam, it appears shady, certainly the price is right. Too good to be true? I paid thru PayPal. We shall see. Risk!

Attached Files:

11. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Ebay is good with scammers, they know it's a weakness of an auction site so they are on the customers side.

12. kwfloors

I always buy from trusted and high rated sellers on ebay. Haven't bought off of there in years though.

13. Mike Antonetti

It was a fraud, seller never emailed me back, I was in constant contact with eBay on the phone, now have them on speed dial. I paid by American Express through PayPal. It should've been taken care of by eBay, they said go thru PayPal (now divided from eBay) they said they'll patch me thru. PayPal went automated on me, stating to file a claim. I called American Express and the lady filed it for me and says the charges will be removed. That's Customer Service! You would think this is a simple process from all the scammers, the seller closed account, number to seller was blocked which was probably not theirs anyway.

14. kwfloors

Glad you found what you were looking for.

15. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I was looking at the differences between the 3 models the other day and was wondering when a higher static pressure would be better than higher CFM. 1150 vs 1250. Since I have no experience with the pulse bac vacuums, you are the guy to ask @Mike Antonetti

16. Mike Antonetti

Differences are 1k$ per model, 10,11,12

I never really got into static lift, only for water pumps, but cfm is what I look for. I’d like to double it but not go into 220 volt.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I need a sexy vacuum, it's a piece of equipment I have never invested enough money in. My Clarke is not even in the same building let alone level as those sexy vacs.

18. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

I know CFM is pretty much the only number we need to be concerned with unless there is an excessive amount of drag through the hose. Then an increased in S.P. would help to overcome that. Thought maybe you might have run into a situation where that mattered and had some insight. Who knows. Maybe it’s just another bullet point on their website that doesn’t mean much.

19. Mike Antonetti

I’ve never had anyone say the vacuums I have are “sexy” I kinda trash em right away to make em look junky, I pull most of logos off so no one knows what equipment I use.

I’m not even sure if cfm is actual, meaning the 311? Is the motor, add filters, a hose, dust in filters and it’s all headed downhill. The circuit board pulses ambient air reversed in 8 second intervals. At first years ago it was 5, then it went to ten, then five, and now eight. I’m looking for 5’s as extreme amounts of thinset dust is extracted. I called cdclarue and they said yes they are 5, I changed out and sure enough they’re 8. Pissed off I called back and talked to Alonso, they don’t have the 5’s. So 250$ for another circuit board. Thing is I don’t have an extra and if that goes out I will need one. I do have a 10 second I bought back in the day for a replacement.