ProKnees Supports The Floor Pro Community

Discussion in 'TFP Site News & Announcements' started by Jim McClain, Apr 27, 2019.

1. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

[​IMG]

ProKnee® is helping The Floor Pro Community celebrate our thirteenth year of operation. Part of our 13-13-13 Giveaway, ProKnee is supplying THREE pairs of their best selling kneepads, one each to 3 separate winners. Their high quality knee pads have been supporting and protecting professionals since 1989.

To celebrate our thirteenth year of providing peer support to flooring industry professionals and advice & guidance to consumers and do-it-yourselfers, The Floor Pro Community is collaborating with high quality vendors, like ProKnee, to give away 13 prizes in 13 days for our 13-year anniversary. We will begin drawing one name each of 13 days on May 13 (2019). To qualify, all you have to do is participate as a member of The Floor Pro Community. If you're not a member yet, registration is free right here. Join in any forum discussion or start one of your own. YOU could be one of those names drawn as a prize winner. All winners will be notified here on the forum.

Here are the ProKnee prize offerings:

proknee-0714-0714E-tn.jpg One Pair of ProKnee® Model 0714/0714E
    ProKnee Model 0714 Standard and Model 0714E Wide is the only kneepad of its kind that is completely custom fit to your own personal measurements. Considering no two knee shapes are alike, this kneepad offers two widths, 18 lengths & 2 foam thicknesses that enable even weight distribution as an ergonomic solution for the user's current knee conditions as well as a preventative solution to preserving their knee health. Unlike most kneepads on the market with a limited life span that are completely disposable, your custom made, custom fit Proknee kneepads can be repaired and rebuilt many times over.

proknee-AP16-tn.jpg Two Pairs of ProKnee® AP16
    In 2016, ProKnee came out with their latest offering, the AP16. This new class of All Purpose Kneepad uses as many of ProKnee's Model 0714 (the full length custom fit model) features as possible, along with a few patent pending features of its own. The AP16 Kneepad is a one of a kind while staying true to ProKnee's fit, form and function. ProKnee's knee pocket shape and flat bottom design helps stabilize knee joint, which can reduce joint wear-out and knee burn pain.

See the AP16 Kneepad in action:

ProKnee Specializes in Occupational Knee Injury Prevention

ProKnee® is the only kneepad of its kind. Several years of design changes and actual field testing are combined with state of the art engineering and manufacturing procedures. ProKnee feels that these kneepads will perform to your expectations. Their intentions are to give you the benefits and performance in their product that you will not find in any other kneepads on today's market.

Visit them at: www.ProKnee.com
    Instagram: @ProKnee
    Facebook: @ProKnee.Treadman
    YouTube: @Mr.ProKnee
    Phone: 1.800.549.5018

ProKnee offers a 10% discount for signing up with their Loyalty Program. Just click now to subscribe - and tell them The Floor Pro Community sent you.

PLEASE NOTE: Shipping of prizes is free, but it is the responsibility of any winner outside the United States to pay for any duties, tariffs or VAT for your country. Winners must provide shipping information to the vendor. The Floor Pro Community is not responsible for undeliverable prizes.

A big thank you to ProKnee for being a part of our celebration.

proknee-0714-0714E 800px.jpg proknee-AP16 800px.jpg

Read about all the great prizes here: The Floor Pro Celebrates 13 Years | The Floor Pro Community

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Mighty nice of them. I’ve had maybe 4 pair over the years since 1993. Tried all the others in the beginning of first few years of Flooring, but since buying Proknee maybe @ 1998? I never bought any other kneepad. From installing to now only flooring removal they’ve been with me ever since, part of my personal protective equipment gear, kneepads,gloves,double hearing protection and respirator(glasses already on). Took em out yesterday for a small job, my brother also uses Proknee and he’s reluctant to spend but he demo’d the tile pretty quick so I put the Proknee’s back and thought they need a look over one day to freshen em up, guess I did the same thing a year ago. Since filling in the voids of the contact area a few years back I haven’t done anything to them. I get long term value from these. Kinda like my work truck if I do the math, cost of use drops year after year.

So I thank them, for helping me through the years.

And Thanks Jim, 13 years? Seems longer but I’ve not been here from the start. My wife asks me “how long have we been married?” I say “Forever”! Then I go into math mode.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I started out with my first set of Proknees back in the early 90's. I bought a pair of the 0714's, gave them to my stepson and bought the second pair, also giving them to my stepson many years later due to a skin problem where the strap comes across, They brought out the AP16 and bought a pair of them, was so happy with them that I got a second pair, one for in my truck and one for in my basement work room. I don't get on the floor without a pair on, even if it is just for cleaning floors in my house or even doing thing in the yard like planting. LOVE MY PROKNEES !!

:old:

Daris

Last edited: Apr 27, 2019
  4. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Bought my first pair in 1993 and have rebuilt them 4 times. Unfortunately had to get rid of them after the fire. Just got my new pair of AP16 a couple weeks ago. Thank you ProKnee!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Love my pro knees!!

6. Don Monfils

Don Monfils PRO CARPET Charter Member

I love mine as well.
    I use them every day.
    I keep saying a want to get a second pair just for clean work and keep my old ones for demo and prep work.

7. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I have two pairs, one for clean work and one for demo, best decision i ever made.

8. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

9. Graeme

Graeme Pro Member

I've had mine for over 15 years... should have bought them even earlier.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

Everybody knows that "one guy."

In this case, that "one guy" is me. I just never have spent the bucks on knee pads.

Even though I got started sanding and refinishing wood floors, the vast majority of my career in the business wasn't actually on the floor. It was at the sawmill, grading lumber~ be it on top of the stack or on a green chain, in the dry kiln, in the mill or sitting behind a desk.

Not until about ten years ago, when I left manufacturing to do inspections, did I ever think about knee pads. Betcha I think plenty about them tomorrow while I'm doing an inspection.

11. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

You’re right, Dan. I’ve met more guys in other trades with knee problems because they don’t wear knee pads or wear bad ones. Shoes are important too, lots of knee replacements are done on people that have never knelt for a living.

12. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

Had two pair that I lost in the truck Fire. Have not been able to replace them yet. Top of the line product.

13. Armenio gomes

Armenio gomes Pro Member

Since my first pair of pads was 15 years never looked at another knee pads. Pro knees get the job done without the pain.

• Like Like x 1