ProKnees Goof Proof Trimmer

Discussion in 'Buy & Sell Flooring Tools and Equipment' started by Incognito, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Looking to buy a used one at some discount to retail. I've heard the previous model is superior to the latest one on the market available online or retail.

Anyone got one they don't love/use/need?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You think they're any good? Is it squirly or can it be manipulated precisely? Does the blade damage the wall(wood work)

I was going to get the buy two sale a couple months ago but didn't pull the trigger. I can't find a used one anywhere.

I'm not sure about its ergonomics/design if it's bulky enough to press a carpet tile to cove against the wall for precise cut.

3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

I have one, used once or twice. It's one of those tools that if it works well on one job it pays for itself because it's probably being used in an odd scenario.

4. Incognito

Works great on cushion back carpet like C&A when you need to cut neat to finished sufaces like existing wood base, aluminum track. I've used it quite a bit on jobs where an apprentice or journeyman lent it to me to try out. They say it works the same on carpet tile----again, only when you need to trim net to finished base. If the walls are going to get topset (cove) base I wouldn't bother.

5. Incognito

If you're interested in selling shoot me a price in PM.

6. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Doesn't say if it works on various carpet tile, but gluedown carpet, sheet vinyl, and " unflexible carpet" the first time, what's unflexible carpet mean?

It doesn't look controllable tilt wise to me. With the Roberts wall trimmer I can adjust tilt with the handle.

Can't remember what the sale was, maybe 2 for 80$

GoofProof Wall Trimmer ™ - Professional Knee Pads

7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

I used it on a double stick job that had to be net fit to base and it was a large area with no tackstrip..worked good. I think I'm going to hold on to it

• Like Like x 1