Price shopping bolts

Discussion in 'Tools, Equipment and Supplies' started by Mike Antonetti, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Went to Ace to get some grade 8 bolts, 3/4” x 3-1/2” length Ace only had 3” and only 3 of them, Lowes didn’t have then Home Depot didn’t,(only 3,4,5”etc) Tractor Supply had some grade 5 which will work, they sell by the lb. which is a strange concept to me. Ace had 5.79 a piece per bolt, Tractor Supply 3.99 a pound, 2 = 1 lb so basically 12$ at Ace, 4$ at Tractor Supply. At Rural King it was Date Night, and they had the same bolts 3.79$ a lb.

Attached Files:

2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea at some places it’s hit or miss and the prices are crazy at times
    I mostly go anymore to Daytona bolt and nut or B&B faster in Ormond off 40 and ridgewood good service and great guys working there

• Like Like x 1
  3. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Ace has generally the highest prices here. But great return policy and good service. Small towns like ours don't really have many other options, local building supply or ace is it! Home depot is an hr away in either direction for me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mike Antonetti

I just got back from Rural King bought a bunch of galvanized nuts/bolts/flat/lockwashers, screws for 7$ for my wheel barrel and trailer. Salvaged another one to make one good one, can’t buy just the bucket anywhere. It’s my new go to place, thought they were redneckish but googled they’re out of Illinois.

Our Ace is now closed on Sunday, Rural King is open till 9pm. A guy in the fastener aisle came through and was looking around eating popcorn. Very Annoying.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  5. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

In my area fastenal & hiawatha are the place to get that sort of stuff. They will have it 100% of the time.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Mike Antonetti

Spotted B&B Ron, have to stop in one day and scan for a mental inventory.

Attached Files: