Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Daris Mulkin, May 25, 2017.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I tried to start a new thread last night but couldn't find where to submit/post it. I found preview though and it wasn't there either.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

submit-topic.jpg

You didn't see the big red Submit Topic button?

3. Daris Mulkin

There wasn't one!

:old:

Daris

4. Jim McClain

Well, that's mighty odd. If you saw a Preview button, then you should have seen the Submit button. Is that still happening anywhere? Tell me what forum, so I can chase down the problem.

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Still some bugs, wonder if he gets the orange box on each category topic, that's how to start.

Attached Files:

6. Jim McClain

Orange, red... :meh: s'posed to be red. But yeah, that's a big red Post New Topic at the top of every list of topics in a forum.

There was a bug in the system that, believe it or not, the Chrome browser introduced. I was getting a "Page won't load" error when clicking the Preview button on a post that had an internal link (that's a link to another page on TFP) and learned about it that way. The only work-around for it was to place a bit of code in one of the configuration files, which fixes the error, but it also causes us to lose the seemingly floating preview of a topic. In that floating preview that Daris saw before the file edit I had to make, there is no Submit button. It's a preview of what the post will look like after it's posted, so it wouldn't have a submit button on it. The submit button was lower down below the editor box. It would look just like the screenshot I posted. My guess is that's why Daris didn't see it. He was looking at the preview, not the editor box.

And another bug I notice is that the latest browser update might have wiped out all my custom spellings. Now I have to re-add to my browser Dictionary words that I misspell on purpose (like when I leave off the "g" on words like grinnin') and names that aren't common, like Daris. It always wants to spell it Darius. :rolleyes:

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Could we agree on Burnt Orange?

Attached Files:

8. Jim McClain

Bottom-right, yes, I'd be all over that.

Well, in my dreams. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Daris Mulkin

What you mean my name isn't common? There at least 4 other
    Daris' I know of.

• Funny Funny x 2