Possible Mold on vinyl / concrete

Discussion in 'Cleaning, Maintenance & Restoration' started by JaneMore, Oct 20, 2019.

1. JaneMore

JaneMore Member

I rolled back some loose lay vinyl flooring I had put down earlier this year and noticed some discoloring on the back, (black,brown,purple,marks) The vinyl is in a basement on concrete.
    The concrete feels waxy and while not wet appears to look damp in a few spots (its hard to explain)

The basement had a leak at the start of the year I removed the old carpet and pad and then bleached the floor and ran a dehumidifier for about 2 weeks emptying out the water as needed.

I did not check the moisture concrete before I put the vinyl down (big mistake) I am thinking of rolling the vinyl back up and checking the moisture levels.

Is there anything else I should be doing ? should the concrete be sealed ? is there a good consumer grade moisture meter that someone could recommend ? What reading should I be getting off the concrete ?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

Probably mold by the colors you’re saying. What’s it feeding/growing off of?

3. JaneMore

JaneMore Member

That's what I am not sure of as there is nothing for it to feed off. The mold wiped off from the under side of the the vinyl in most spots.

I have wiped the floor down with a mold spray removing all waxy mold and then did a straight bleach on the floor. Ceiling fan blowing to move air and then dehumidifier going but showing its 40%