Pool Fence and Safety Gate

Discussion in 'Health & Safety Forum' started by Mike Antonetti, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

After research, watching videos on YouTube, pricing,etc. to DIY, I decided the cost of failure or quality was insurmountable. Can't put a price on risking a baby drowning due to no barrier around a pool.

I called a professional, got good advice, got select color and fitting correctly.

Drill was a water feed core drill press. I set em up with water hose and extension cord, the one guy ran the core drill like a nail gun, their shoes were flip flops. Wife said I don't like when people watch me work so I backed off.

Self closing gate means fence won't be pulled down, the black pole latch lifts up and has keys to lock. 1086$ 45 ft. Installed.

Manufacturer is Pool Guard, I guess their nearby, not sure if they have other facilities.

Attached Files:

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

That doesn't look like it will hold back much. Really, over a grand for that? :ohno:

3. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I see you have a screen room to
    Did you have to get the fence out around the pool to or just did it as extra safety.

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

For the granddaughter, too easy to push open the slider door after I replaced the bearings. I'm not sure what the law is, but it should be. Last week a young one died when got in the neighbors pool.

Saw some pool safety fences on Craigslist, about 450$ and 1-1/2 hours away, without a gate and black. I figure if I were to buy new, even on Amazon (which I'm pretty pissed, found area rug we got at retailer for 250$ for 94$ free shipping) it would be @ 700$.

I took away 100% liability from myself should anything go wrong with that fence, so trying to save a few hundred bucks, unjustified.

• Like Like x 1