Pizza night!

Discussion in 'Food for The Floor Pro' started by Steve Olson, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Steve Olson

Steve Olson Hardwood/Laminate Guru Charter Member Senior Member

Wow, this section has been pretty quiet for awhile, so I thought Id update it. My wife is an amazing cook, and I like to BBQ large quantities of meat outside in my UDS barrel. Match made in heaven. For our 30th anniversary this year, we got a Blackstone pizza oven, as our gift to us. We talked about building a wood fired oven, but those plans got squashed when we realized the preheat ritual and need for me to start cutting firewood again was more time then we wanted to spend on it, so we got the Blackstone.
    In a word, its awesome! We do 4-6 pizzas each Saturday night, and are joined my our kids and the grand kids, as everybody loves pizza. Here's the 4 from last night. Garlic breadstick pizza, 50/50 meat combo and jalapeno, ( 1 kid won't eat cheese) my favorite, BBQ'd chicken with grilled onions and mushrooms, on a sauce of Kinder's mild, and a pesto Margaurite. My wife makes the dough, makes the pizza sauce, the pesto. My job is to not burn anything.

20170812_175031.jpg 20170812_174339.jpg 20170812_174644.jpg 20170812_174050.jpg

Meanwhile, out in my Barrel, I'm cooking a whole boneless turkey. Its like Thanksgiving in August! The barrel is a great way to cook without heating up the house.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

That looks like some good eats, Steve. And congratulations on your anniversary.

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

How about some pics of the oven and barrel? We are looking for a smoker, one that can do brisket.

4. Steve Olson

Turkeys done! 20170813_113751.jpg

5. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

Buddha Burger

This turkey burger was showcased on Diners Drive-ins and Dives. I have them all made up for dinner tonight. Will let you know if they were worth the effort.

6. Steve Olson

Sounds good!

7. Chris Mha

Very much worth the effort. If you dont like curry you might not like it. Thanks Guy Fieri.

Attached Files:

8. Steve Olson

Nice. My only problem with ground turkey is the lack of fat, making it dry, but I guess the tomato takes care of that? Or, do they add fat into the ground turkey? And if so, what?
    When I grind ground chuck for burgers, they don't have enough fat on them, so I add bacon.

9. Jonathan Garcia

Jonathan Garcia Pro Member

Wow that is an awesome pizza oven, never heard of it. Just showed it to my wife and now she wants one.

10. Chris Mha

We didn't find it dry at all. Was very tasty though

11. Steve Olson

Thats good to hear, sounds like a tasty burger.

12. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Had to look at those pizzas again, mmmm. We went to Mello Mushroom a few times in Daytona, they make a killer Holy Shitake Pizza that is crazy good.

13. Steve Olson

The Blackstone Pizza ovens are worth every penny. Every Saturday night, except for 2 we've done 4-6 pizza's, I promise you it has paid for itself. We use the Bobby Flay dough recipe, which is a pretty common one, as I've seen. My wife has 4 sauce bases she uses, depending on what she is making. Tomato, Ranch, BBQ ( love Kinders mild for this) and a white garlic sauce. She is the chef and creator, I'm just the guy who cooks them. The BF recipe is a NY style crust, but I've done a gluten free, for my daughter. It was good, nice crispy as most GF's are, but I had to par cook it in the oven, it's a runny batter, more then a dough.
    Hey, KWFloors, I sent you some pic's, we don't have PM's I guess, anymore, now its a conversation???

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Steve Olson

Not sure how those conversations work? I've sent a couple, but gotten no answers?

15. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I've had some heated ones with Jim, he's not the boss of me!

I talk to Floors too sometimes it's the same thing. Zero feedback, now my wife, I ain't got time for all that!

16. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

This forum software calls them Conversations and they thread them a little different (the whole back and forth conversation can be viewed without going back and forth between inbox and outbox). The old forum software called them PMs (Personal Messages). Pretty much the same thing, only modernized now.

I send messages through that system sometimes without answers too. In fact, just as with the old system, this one sends an automated welcome message to every new member, which includes instructions on how to get Pro Access for the pros. It requires a reply because getting that access isn't automatic. But replies are pretty rare, maybe as few as one out of 10, or even less than that. Pros don't read instructions. :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Steve Olson

No big deal, he asked for some pic's, I sent him some.