Pecan natural engineered -- any available?

Discussion in 'Looking For a Flooring Professional or Product' started by MatthewZD, Jun 30, 2020.

1. MatthewZD

MatthewZD Pro Member

I'll try to make a long story short. A customer had some water damage in her condo and an area of the hardwood straddling two rooms had to be removed. It's an engineered pecan natural 2-1/4" wide 3/8" thick. She has the same wood throughout all the rooms in her unit.

We've measured and quoted for installing new wood in her place, but she's insistent on just replacing what was torn up. She did find out from the condo association that it was from Anderson Hardwood and installled around 2007. One of our distributors checked and Anderson doesn't make this anymore.

This may be a wild goose chase, but does anyone know if anyone makes an engineered pecan in this width and thickness?

2. Was it glued down? What state? Maybe buy wider and have a wood shop cut the groove side and re groove. Will the wood match? Will the homeowner be satisfied? It’s thin low end(3/8” thick) product, does she just want insurance to replace her whole floor?

3. MatthewZD

MatthewZD Pro Member

She hasn't say anything about insurance, so I'm guessing that's not involved. She asked for two quotes - new flooring throughout, and replace what was torn up, so she could compare the prices for each. Obviously she's trying to save money, and I get the feeling that having a wood shop cut and remill the groove won't be cheap. Add to that the labor charge to tie in the new flooring with the old, any new prefinished isn't going to match with the old, etc., and I wonder how much she would be saving and if it would be worth it.