Pad disclosure

Discussion in 'Carpet Sales and Installations' started by Daris Mulkin, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I ran into this and haven't seen one before. There was a sheet of paper that said " NOTICE SPLICED ROLL. There will be seams and/or splices in this roll. We have added an additional 5% of product for any convenience that this may cause the installer."
    This was some Leggett and Platt pad- oder ban.
    Nice of them to do that. Now if they would figure out a way that when handling it you don't end up with a handful of the pad.

:old:

Daris

2. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

hey atleast they are tryi to help

3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I get rolls all the time that are spliced. Apparently carpenter don't care enough about me to give me a disclosure. I did get a carpet roll in one time that had a cross seam in it... that I found odd.

4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I've seen them. Mostly on the urethane rolls of pad. None on rebond.

5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I've run into that numerous times. Also where the backing was sewn together leaving a big bump. It was in the jute backing of yesterday.

:old:

Daris

6. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

I had never seen it before in my life. Have to say though, best cross seam I have ever seen. It was flawless, unless you count brand new carpet with a seam in it a flaw, which I think I do :)

• Like Like x 1