Opportunities in Utah?

Discussion in 'a Floor Pro Looking For Work' started by Floored by Newman, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Floored by Newman

Floored by Newman Floored by Newman

Any opportunities open in Utah?

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

You have Family in the area? That's what's keeping me in my town, then I dread going to bigger town with the congestion, 1/2 hour to get two miles kinda thing.

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Its right next door to where he is. I have plenty up here but its a ways further.

4. Mike Antonetti

You say opportunity, how about Dustram, dust free tile removal, if it is feasible in your area, anyone looking for an almost exclusive service this is a new field and can have gigantic potential, it is hard work and all should be paid well , but it's the best 20 grand I've ever spent, well I can spend another 10 or so to go faster. Say I rip up 500 sq ft tile and thinset, I get about 3.75$ a square foot, after expenses how much have I made for the day, 1k$
    Just throwing options on the table, google Dustram, you know flooring, it's an easy convert except you won't be breathing dust.

5. kwfloors

Wow thats something.

6. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea sir ripping out this old stuff is good for my pocket book:)
    Half stuck tile/VCT coming up I just fell bad for the owners a lot of this stuff we are ripping up are maybe 2-3 years old. And a lot is just bad install for the start. I did a small maybe 100sf last week it was 12/12 tile installed with a 1/8 trowel heck i would hit one tile and two would pop off the floor we saved all but 9 pc.

7. eaadams

eaadams Sport Floor Pro

My main installer is off to utah for work. We just dont have any work for him this summer. Rough year.

8. Mike Antonetti

Not good brother, my town is kind of slow, I go out of town and there's building all over the place, doesn't mean we would get it though. Our town doesn't want growth. They reduced impact fees couple years ago but didn't help. There's just one developer that's been steady, most of the retirees are moving a county over to "the Villages" where you take a golf cart out at night to eat dinner or grocery shopping.

9. KendraM

KendraM Pro Member

Still looking in Utah?

Can you get on a military base? I am looking for a small group of subs to complete an installation for me in Ogden,UT. Beginning 2/28
    Email me if you are interested.

Kendra
    General@Floor-it.net

10. Vama Flooring

Vama Flooring Pro Member

I'm in Utah. SLC specifically, there are some opportunities here. A lot of leads that have gone lazy, you could get on at a number of places.

I'm looking for someone to do my s&f work. But I don't have enough to keep you busy.

Where could I learn more about this equipment?

11. Mike Antonetti

I pm'd Newman, he replied back saying he was doing work in SLC. ( Salt Lake City, I figured it out when it didn't mean self leveling compound)

I believe there is a company in Utah that has the Dustram system. As far as I know they are all doing well. I am starting to do mostly only removals since I have stopped contracting for retailer. Dustram has a webpage, you can contact Rene Poole, she manages the office among many other things. The company has evolved over the past two years, it's similar to a franchise offering total business operations and continuously improving on all fronts.

12. Vama Flooring

Vama Flooring Pro Member

Bryan Irving, he owns The Tile Ram (Dustram). There is one other gentleman doing it about 40 miles South of SLC.

I've been meaning to look into the Dustram. Do they make one pay franchise dues every month? Or is it a one time purchase?

13. Mike Antonetti

No franchise fee as of yet or if there will ever be one. Rene will have all the details, she would be happy to go over them.

14. kwfloors

I was in St George last week and its booming right now. New hotel and houses going up all over the place. Its hot now though, 105 the 2 days I was there.

15. Floored by Newman

Floored by Newman Floored by Newman

Now in Utah. Open to opportunities