Nosing for LVP

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by Colin Smith, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Colin Smith

Colin Smith New Member

I am looking at installing a floating LVP product called Lifeproof distributed by HD. It is 7mm thick.

The room is the raised part of a split level. On side of the installation is open to the lower level. It will require 12 feet of nosing across the open span.

I am having a challenge fing nosing mouldings for Planks thst thin. The ones I am finding are made for thicker wood laminate product.

Any suggestions? Is their manufactured nosing for vinyl plank?

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

They make them, for sure, but I’ve yet to find one that seems like it will last. They’re made out of plastic so attaching them is the real problem point.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

Zamma makes all the reducers, nosings and transitions for pretty much everything at HD. They should have an accompanying stair nose for your product. Installing it and making it stay put will be the tricky part. It will look something like this. No doubt it will be a special order item.
    62EACA1F-0C8F-49A2-A6DB-F5390C9AF5AF.jpeg

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Yes, the VersaEdge stairnose on this page looks to be the best for this application. Click the Solutions button for the PDF instructions.

Here's a video:

6. Colin Smith

Colin Smith New Member

Thanks everyone for pointing me in the right direction. Sites like this, where people take the time to share their knowledge, is one of the greateast aspects of the internet.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

I have seen the versatrim pieces, almost forgot about those metal noses. Far superior to plastic in my book.

8. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

The versatrim are in my opinion the best ones to use. Easy to install too. A little silicone and theres double faced tape to hold in place while silcone dries.
    I like to throw some blue painters tape on to hold in place too.