New school kitchen floor

Discussion in 'Spotlight on Flooring Professionalism' started by epoxyman, Jul 13, 2018.

1. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Finally got 2 of 4 school jobs done this week

This ones a kitchen floor in Jacksonville FL that had old 8x8 quarry tile and 4x8 pavers in it.

At first it was bid for going over the tile

A grind and fast shot blast then trowel down the epoxy. But after they started cutting up the floor for new drains and pipes the stuff started to come up.

So thanks to Mike and his brother Tony we got the tile demoed and they took up all the old thinset that was on the floor to.

So now they have a very solid floor and
    If I may say so looks good to.

So a big thanks to Mike and Tony for all there help in this cause without them I’d still be removing tile lol.

Also on a different job Mike came out on a very short notice to remove some epoxy that some clown put over old carpet

What a mess I was busy working in building 600 as Mike removed it

But as always it was a great job he did.

So now I’m down to 8 restrooms of epoxy floors and then back to palm coast high

To finish up 3 restrooms of epoxy just in time for school to start like 2 days after I finish.

Ron.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Moved to the Spotlight. :yesss: Very nice looking floor.

Is that the ass end of Mike in one of them pictures? :D

3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Nice to see that in there, best stuff for that floor. I just did one here where the guys I hired to do the tile removal had a ride on that wouldn't start which put me behind from the start. A lot of pressure in some kitchens as time is money. I worked a 24 hr day to stay on time and did. Does the ride on remove the thinset from the tile good?

4. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Looks durable Ron, that’s Tony grinding away. The scraper takes up most thinset, the grinders finish removing thinset. Ida liked to see the shotblasting.

• Like Like x 2
  5. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Wow, you guys do some heavy duty stuff on floors. I did mostly residential work and I never used those types of tools and equipment. My hats off to you guys, great work, credit where credit is due.

6. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I didn't like the idea of me carrying a 500 lb. tool into some the places I work to get into that. If I need it, I call a polisher.