New Member Intro

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Padawan, Dec 31, 2017.

1. Padawan

Padawan New Member

Hello to all participants in TFP. I happen to be a dentist and big believer in mentoring sites that allow professionals and the general public to collaborate and share knowledge. I am a mentor for a similar site in my profession.

The first thing I would like to do is to thank the professionals that contribute their time and expertise to the benefit of the less informed (like me) and to support the best practices of their profession. I do know that it takes time and energy to do so and I appreciate it!

I joined because I happened on this site while researching flooring / heating options for two bedrooms over an unheated garage. My location is Kansas City where winter nights may dip below zero. My first thought was installing some form of radiant heat under a new floor (currently carpet over standard T & G Plywood). I read several very informative threads on types of radiant heat and cautions, types of flooring and more cautions. All very good information. Suggestions are appreciated. Have a great start to the new year!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

:welcome: Glad to have you here. If you have specific questions about radiant heat under a particular floor covering, go ahead and start a new topic in the appropriate forum. Our members will do their best to try to help you make the best decisions.

3. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

And i want to really really bad~!!
    If there is one thing i love more than flooring its things that arent flooring!!
    ;)
    Welcome aboard!

4. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Welcome to the floor pro site. :)

5. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Administwative Asst. Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Hey Doc. I have a dental pic to do my inspections, does that make me a dentist?