New Here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by carpet lifer, Apr 27, 2008.

1. carpet lifer

carpet lifer Pro Member

Hi, My names Richard Thompson. I am a 2nd generation carpet lifer. I stumbled onto this site looking for info on my speedbinder. I have been doing carpet since I was strong enough to carry the old mans toolbox...:)I'm 50yo now and have 35 years into it. Carpet installing has been good and bad to me, but it's what I do best,and its always been there for me.

So, I look forward to contributing to the site and I can tell that the knowledge base is strong, just from the few posts I have read, so far.

PS: I need a table,stand,motor, for my speedbinder. If anybody has info on that.

2. rusty baker

rusty baker Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard. You won't find a better group of guys anywhere.

3. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Welcome to the site carpet lifer ..
    Are you from he States ?

4. Darol Wester

Darol Wester Charter Member Senior Member

Welcome to the board Richard. Glad you made it.

5. Floorguy

Floorguy The Living Dead Charter Member Senior Member

Welcome aboard!

6. carpet lifer

carpet lifer Pro Member

Yes, I'm from Media, PA. Its outside of Philly.I have one of those free MSN Office sites at Thompson Carpet Service Unfortunately, my brother who worked with me had a heart attack and died on 1/3/08 while we were taking a rug up a fire escape, at Williamson trade school. I wish that was BS. Cause its been a tough 5 months since it happened. He was 46, and had been checked out in April_07 but he did smoke heavy. So you smokers quit if you can.Smoking also got my dad. So it's been rough, but I feel good about finding you guys. I'm sure we all have alot in common.

7. Lo Down

Lo Down Old as dirt member Charter Member Senior Member

Welcome aboard Richard.

8. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Glad to meet you Richard I am from New Zealand and you have joined a bunch of good guys. Wait to you meet CP with all his smilies. He will make you laugh

9. Nick Arrera

Nick Arrera Traitor

Sorry to hear about your brother Richard .. I may have installed as much rug in the Media area as you I'm right over the bridge .. small world ..

10. Roland Thompson

Roland Thompson Charter Member Senior Member

First I would like to say welcome to the site. This is a little diffrient having some one on the site that is so close to my age ( I will be 55 in Aug. and have been doing this 35 years) with all most the same name, being an installer, to even have a brother that had a heart problem. I have two brothers that are 2 and 1 year older then me and a brother that is 2 and 1/2 years behind me and the all have had by passes in thier late 40's thank God they caught it in time. If you ever get to the MD area give me a call. I do get up that way every so often. Again welcome.

Roland Thompson

11. Don Benham

Don Benham Quality Control/Service Managr Charter Member

You'll be glad you stumbled on this place Richard. This is without a doubt THE best website for flooring pros to get together and shoot the breeze about just about anything.

Welcome aboard.

Don

12. Darian Brown

Darian Brown Charter Member

Welcome aboard Richard, I’m Sorry to hear about your brother.

13. cproader

cproader All over T's last nerve Senior Member

Welcome lifer......:eek:....that didn't sound right........Welcome carpet lifer......:hmmm:......ya got somethin ya wanna be called that's shorter like "rug con".......er "rugman walkin"......:shifty:....anyhoo......YER OUR KINDDA PEEP TOO !!!!......:dance:......:welcome:

14. carpet lifer

carpet lifer Pro Member

Thanks Guys, And. when I saw Roland I almost shit myself. At one time we had six of us Thompsons all putting in carpet at the same time.Plus. I know of and heard of even more carpet and flooring Thompsons...wild, crazy,stuff.