Need Vinyl Flooring Advice, Please!

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by munkim, Jun 14, 2018.

1. munkim

munkim Member

Hi,
    I am so excited! We are about to have our 30 year old vinyl floors replaced. We are in a 1200 square ft condo and these floors are: the kitchen, downstairs 1/2 bath, entry way/foyer, and upstairs bath.
    We are on a budget and a friend, who used to be in construction is doing the floors. I need help with which Vinyl flooring to go with. When I was doing my small salon, I used LVT which was over $5 a square foot and it has been amazing. I can't spend that much now, but I also don't want to get El Cheapo LVT either. Can anyone please recommend a brand or type of vinyl that would be mid range and good to go with?
    Also, for kitchen and bathroom, which type of pattern works well? I'm thinking large, tile look for the foyer. But would a hard wood look work ok in the kitchen and bathroom?
    Also, is plank LVT the best to go with?

Thank you for your time and help. You guys helped me when I did my salon, 5 years ago and it worked out great. Can't thank you enough!

P.S.
    I just read about health risks with vinyl flooring. Is this an issue? Should I go with a different type of flooring?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  2. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

3. munkim

munkim Member