Need the Best Cell Phone

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by Mike Antonetti, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Time to upgrade, thinking Iphone 12pro max plus extra, current handed down Iphone6plus. Went to Verizon they said that or an LG. Both @ 1100$, over the years I have them considered reasonable.

Battery, storage, weather considerations.

2. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

I got a older IPhone 6 Plus still working great it’s I think 128gb it’s been tossed and stepped on and a few wash cycles
    But does good
    If the time comes for a new one I’ll go with a iPhone that’s probably a few years old lot cheaper and I really don’t use it to the max

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member Senior Member

I really like my samsung note10 plus.

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

May be something about the iPhone 6. I just upgraded from a 5 year old 6 to the iPhone SE. Same size as the 6, doesn’t have all the fancy camera options but has the latest brain. A13? Best part is it was $400 new. I just couldn’t bring myself to drop a grand on a cell phone when I’ve bought a couple decent vans for less over the years.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I still got an old Samsung flip phone about 5 years old. The flip phones ae the only ones I can hear on with hearing aides. But the wife says it is time to get new, probably another flip if they still make them.

:old:

Daris

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

Yep, I got an SE this year too, good camera and runs fast, $400 ain’t bad for a new iphone in this day and age

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. kwfloors

kwfloors Fuzz on the brain Charter Member Senior Member

I had a motorola flip years ago and liked it. It came back recently but with a huge cost.

8. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

A little over a year ago I picked up a Motorola G7 Power for $250. Great phone. Battery lasts for THREE days!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dan Schultz

Dan Schultz Certified Wood Floor Inspector Charter Member

I didn't mention it has fingerprint security. Last update added facial recognition login.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I have different gloves that some work for the touchscreen to enter my code, sometimes instead of removing gloves(xl sizes vary, some are tight) I use my elbow!

Phone keeps falling off aftermarket belt clip, batteries are weak, storage is full, too time consuming to delete so much. I don’t think facial recognition would work for me, actually I’d like a phone inside my PPE, a lot of water drips out of mouthpiece so it would need scuba type sealed electronics.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Got locked out of my own phone by Apple. I didn’t change code so not sure why. Then I didn’t know my Apple password, gets sent to phone which is locked out. Don’t know any passwords, luckily I just remembered this one, said sent email but I didn’t get. Using a loaner phone till my new one comes in. A lot of gigabyte @500? memory is all they had from Consumer Cellular calling in. Went to two targets and a Best Buy, maybe we didn’t describe right but didn’t get one there either. So I know when I need something, it’s just usually when I’m forced do I pull the trigger, then end up paying more. The phone was 1400$.