Need help with new carpet

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by maryf, Apr 29, 2017.

1. maryf

maryf New Member

I am dealing with a small company for my carpet. I spoke with the salesperson and told her I wanted Nylon, continuous filament and nothing in a style that would show a lot of marking and shading.
    They installed one room of the carpet and I knew it was wrong. It's very very shaded and every mark shows a strong contrast.
    I stopped the installation and now the company wants a $950 restocking fee before they'll order a replacement choice.

This seems wholly unfair. They said the carpet manufacturer refused to credit their claim. Should I call the manufacturer directly and make my case? Any suggestions?

2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

You're going to have a hard time finding what you want unless it's a berber style

3. Z-Carpet

Z-Carpet Pro Member

they wont accept return it unless its defective, which its not, why didnt u guys check the sample and play with it to see how the nap layed?

also, shaw and mohawk have a 30-60 day return policy, but i think you still have to pay the labor to get it replaced

it's definitely fair because if you picked the carpet out that's what it is, and now they are shafted with it.. and there installation team just lost a few days of work

4. maryf

maryf New Member

kylenelson

I understand that all carpet has marking. I know that this can be diminished by the color or type of carpet - but this is excessive. The installer said he didn't blame me for not liking it.

The vendor told me that they would have never sold the carpet to me if they'd known it would look this bad. They knew I wanted the opposite of what I got but they showed it to me as one of the choices within my guidelines. Especially when I was so specific.

I intend to pick another carpet from them but I'm put off by the manufacturer not accepting it back and having their mistake cost me 950!

5. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

It's really difficult to offer support with things like this when you don't tell us what the brand name and other important info is. Not even a picture. What can we do? :hu:

6. maryf

maryf New Member

new carpet

I have attached pictures that show the carpet in the one room that was lain. The sample that I saw was a light gray and didn't show all of the shading. Dream Weaver carpet is the manufacturer. Thank you very much.

Attached Files:

7. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor Senior Member

Bummer. I will guarantee you that the other color would have done the same. some people love that look and some hate it, my wife is in the camp that hates it, so I understand your disappointment

8. Chem103

Chem103 Active Member

Could you please state which Dreamweaver style and color the carpet was? I am considering Dreamweaver as well and would like to avoid the issue you had.