Need advice on Adura Luxury Vinyl Planks

Discussion in 'Vinyl Flooring Q&A' started by shrtstuf74, Mar 18, 2012.

1. shrtstuf74

shrtstuf74 New Member

I'm hoping that those of you that are currently working in the flooring industry can help me make a decision based on facts & not on all the propoganda that is put out there by flooring manufacturers & retailers.

About a month ago, our hot water heater let go and flooded the downstairs of our 2 story, concrete-slab FL home. We had just replaced all the flooring about a year & a half ago with a combination of laminate flooring & carpet. I wasn't happy at all with the laminate that we had in the living room, dining room & hallway so I've been researching the alternatives. While I think that engineered hardwood is beautiful, I'm concerned about fading since the room gets a lot of sunlight. I am now seriously considering Mannington's Adura LockSolid Luxury Vinyl Planks. I would appreciate any information you can give about the quality & durablilty of the product, the ease of installation both for a DIY'er or as professionals and any other issues that you are aware of. We have no pets or children. The total area is about 370 sf.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond. All help is greatly appreciated.

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

3. shrtstuf74

shrtstuf74 New Member

Thanks TFP Admin. Had already seen this. I guess I'm still questioning, if floor is level & smooth, is it really THIS easy to install? If so, we might we willing to try it ourselves before we call in the pros. It would still be cheaper even if we got someone to come in and level/smooth the floor first.

4. Chris Mha

Chris Mha Charter Member Senior Member

It is pretty easy to install. My son and I can typically install 400-500 square feet a day and even had one day we did 750 square feet. Once you get the feel for clicking it together it goes.down quick and easy.

5. cro

cro Pro Member

when you get to a doorway that plank flows through work starting from the doorway.dont end up at the doorway.real hard to install if you cant angle the piece to squeeze seam together.easy in a square room.make sure when clicking together seams are free of debri.