Need a plugin?

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by epoxyman, Oct 31, 2015.

1. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

says I need a plugin and I get kicked off site lol

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

Since this is not the TFP support forum, I'm guessing you are referring to some other site, but you didn't say which. I don't know of any websites that require its members to have a plugin, so that message may be bogus. If you could provide more detailed information, it would help me help you better.

Jim

3. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

I got some similar BS last night. They wanted me to download or update my player..........some such technical mumbo jumbo that I always ignore. But it wouldn't let me through to the site and I gave up.

No problemo today.

Who knows?

4. epoxyman

epoxyman Pro Member

Yea same here it would say I needed a player
    And then shut down the site glad it was just
    Not me

5. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

I get all sorts of disruptions, sometimes photos won't upload it says please wait.

Anyway with all the data going to China first, then Russia, and back no wonder the Internet is slower now.

6. Jim McClain

You guys mean Flash Player? I just got an email from the developer of one of our plugins that said their server was hacked and the hackers changed the script to a fake Flash Player update. Most people were not affected because they have secure computers that would not let the script load or allow people to download an update that was fake. Sorry for the problem. They tell me it lasted only 83 minutes. Another forum owner asked me about a problem he was having on his site last night that turns out is the same thing. He also did not provide any information, but he did have a screenshot of the fake notification.

As I told him, never click a link in a popup on a website that is about some software or hardware on your system. Always go directly to the source, or use the Help > About feature of every software you have on your computer to check for updates.

Those of you who have used TFP for even a short period of time know that the only popups we use are the one that notifies you of a new PM and the one you use to upload pictures. The new forum software will be a little different and we will learn more about that when that time comes.

Huge picture files take longer and sometimes cause an error message. It's because they are so huge - cameras and mobile phones take very large pictures so they can be edited without loss of data. They all come with image editing and resizing programs, but no one uses the software.

I don't know where you heard that all data goes to foreign countries before it gets to you. That's just not true. I know they are entertaining, but you should not put much faith in any of those rumor sites you visit. Their sole purpose is to alarm and spread paranoia. The TFP server is based in the USA. Data may bounce from one relay point to another, but all within the states, unless you are a visitor from another country. I can't speak for other websites, of course, so web surfers beware.

7. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Jim, you don't think the Chinese and Russian military intelligence agencies are scrutinizing this website to screen conversations Mike and I have about making a dolly for cove base that comes in rolls?

Go ahead Jim. Drink the Kool Aid!

8. Jim McClain

Did I forget to tell you that I was a double-agent for the Chinese and Russian military? I am shopping the patent rights for a dolly that will transport WMDs as well as cove base as we speak. No Kool Aid necessary. ;)

9. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Multi purpose, Brilliant!