National 5700 eBay link

Discussion in 'Flooring Products, Tools & Supplies on EBAY' started by allfloorremoval, Mar 5, 2017.

1. allfloorremoval

allfloorremoval Pro Member

National 5700 day battery riding floor scraper. 5 years old low hour machine. This machine was owner operated and NOT A RENTAL.

Approximately 420 hours, batteries in good condition still runs all day, standard tooling.

Located in Central Florida.

Riding ride on Floor Scraper Tile Stripper National 5700 | eBay

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Sorry to say this but when I stopped at the job you were at you were riding it I'll say "delicately" uh, thought you were more aggressive than that!

3. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

Mike,

It could have just been the machine. The 5700 is one of, if not THE slowest ride on unit available.

4. Mike Antonetti

I'm not a fan of speed. Steady, smart way of removing, the Removal rates to somewhat of a gauge, but it's always disclaimed by actual conditions. Hit a control joint at to high of a speed and see the results.

5. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

I agree with you for the most part. Its not ALL about speed. When doing carpet and VCT if I can go 120 ft per min or 250 ft per min and get done sooner I choose faster.
    On ceramic and hard wood just the ability to have the additional speed when in a tough area is the difference in what could be a long slow day.

6. Mike Antonetti

Slow is the National 6280HD walk behind, although I did appreciate that when I back into a wall and I was between the machine and the wall. In the military the battery walk behind 6k lb pallet jacks had a bumper button on handle end where if it were hit, would automatically go forward instead of crushing.

Ride ons are safer in that aspect because you're on top of machine and every motion is conscious.

7. Dan Bergsma

Dan Bergsma Pro Member

Is this machine still available or had it sold?

8. Mike Antonetti

I texted him, he hasn't replied to me, nor this site. Some other people do not reply to me, so away they go!

9. SSGNick

SSGNick Pro Member

Its funny how people are here one day then gone the next. BUT.....life does get hecktic so I assume the best.

How is that project to refurbish the Propane scraper you have Mike

10. Mike Antonetti

I thought it would be done in two months, but the guy had to restore an old ford pickup, I stopped by 3 weeks after dropping it off to see if he wanted some cash for working on it, sitting on slab under some visqueen.

Here's where I rented the drop deck trailer, towed real well but they're way over priced even used, and not even enclosed.

Attached Files: