Narrowed it down to 2 carpets - need opinion

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by bjwright1, Feb 3, 2018.

1. bjwright1

bjwright1 New Member

After a lot of research, we have our carpet choices narrowed down to 2. We got helpful information from thecarpetprofessor website and the owner a highly recommended carpet store explained a lot to us.

This is for up the stairs, the hall, and 4 bedrooms. We have 2 older teenagers, a dog and cat. We don’t eat or drink upstairs but we do wear shoes in the house.

The carpet will go over a plywood subfloor with a standard 8lb pad with microbial finish, but not the waterproof layer. We've narrowed it down to these 2.

Both are Shaw products.

From the Heart II – Anso BCF Nylon

Density 3323

Faceweight 68.3

Finished Pile ht. .74”

Durability Rating 4.25

Cashmere Classic III – CCS07 – Anso Caress BCF Nylon

Density 3274

Faceweight 68.2

Finished Pile ht. .75”

Durability Rating 3.50

They are both similar in price. The most important thing to us is durability. We want it to look good for a long time.

We definitely like the colors and the softer feel, and the appearance in general of the Cashmere Classic better than From the Heart. Looking only at the Durability Rating, we think we should pick From the Heart, but we’d rather have the Cashmere Classic. The guy from the Carpet Store said the Cashmere Classic will wear well for a long time.

Does anyone have any experience with both and can recommend one over the other?

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2018
  2. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

It looks like the first option is rated better for wear, if that’s important then I would go that direction. Also, get the pad with moisture barrier, you’ll be happy you did the first time something spills on it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

The first option is probably rated higher because Caress is a softer nylon as far as feel goes. It will probably show a traffic pattern faster as it could matt down faster that the plain old nylon. They both are a very good product I would think by their ratings and both would do you good.

:old:

Daris