Mr Commercial Floor Rep

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Jon Scanlan, Nov 15, 2017.

1. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

I would like to thank @Commercial Floor Rep for spending time here with his very professional and informative posts here as it must take time from his busy work and private life to answer questions
    Thank you

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

Ditto to that, even if you judge my van!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

Agreed, above and beyond the call of duty!

4. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

I also want to voice my appreciation for CFR. But there are many others to be thankful for too. It makes me feel good to have so many pros give of their time and expertise to help each other and our consumer/DIY members and visitors. TFP only gets better and better because of dedicated members like you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Mark Brown

.... just so we are all clear, He means me.... :p

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

First, thank you so much. To hear such kind words from peers is, to me the greatest compliment and reward that I could hope for. I am blessed and fortunate to be able to participate here while I'm working. I learn every bit as much and more than I could ever give back. As Jim said, it is all of us together not just me or any single member that makes TFP the best flooring site on the web.

I have been blessed to know and work with a lot of really good people who have taught me what I know and helped me to grow and thrive in this industry. To not share freely what they've taught me would be a terrible insult to them.

The enthusiasm and willingness to help others demonstrated by so many of the members on TFP brightens my day and reassures me that there is no better job in the world than mine! When things are stressful or I've had one of those days where I'm ready to throw in the towel and become a goat herder in Zimbabwe I can come here and maybe help someone for five or ten minutes and it gives me a sense of accomplishment that I've at least helped someone that day. That helps me to re-focus and deal with whatever the situation is I'm working through at work. So, In a way TFP is like my support animal!

Mark, after the picture you posted of your van at the end of Friday can you truly blame me? :nooo::ohno: BUT - I have seen worse. :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mark Brown

That's the real truth of the matter isn't it. I as well have managed to work with some amazing people in this industry who push for the top and treat it like the craft it is. Sure there will always be the other side of the tracks but we aren't there lads! As far as I can tell the lot of you are at the top of this game and no one person here can claim they got there all alone. It is almost a duty to further that information to anyone that requests or desires it. No one has a monopoly on knowledge (except maybe TFPdotCOM) and no information is complete without colaboration. The only way we will ever see the change everyone desires in this industry is to keep pushing these objectives forward and educate each and every person we can to lift up the baseline we all struggled to escape :)

Love you guys!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Incognito

Incognito No more Mr. Nice Guy! I Support TFP Senior Member

Don't go to Zimbabwe.

9. Mike Antonetti

Why not, they need a new “Leader”

10. Commercial Floor Rep

Ok, I'll go see Jon in New Zealand and become a sheep farmer instead. :)

11. Mike Antonetti

Or a rodent hunter, they’re going back to “original” habitat. Paradise!

12. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Found a bit of dirt for you which is for sale so you can have your sheep
    Detail

13. Commercial Floor Rep

We should all pool together and buy it and move there and start our own country. Jim can be our leader! You guys can all be my neighbors!

One question Jon, do you guys have trouble keeping the glue in your pails, you know with the whole being upside down and everything?

Jon can be our designated GPS, since he's the local guy.

Mike A. can be in charge of the beach since he loves "sanding" and grinding everything - sorry really bad dad joke.

Mark can be in charge of the trees since he's a master at judging and rejecting wood jobs.

Elmer and incog can be in charge of security and keep everybody in line.

Chris45 can be in charge of public relations and special projects since he likes showing us all the stuff he builds in his garage.

Epoxy can be in charge of industrial development. Cause, ya know, - he's epoxy!

Stephanie can be in charge of floaties for the beach - cause ya know - cork!!!

SteveG can be in charge of cooking!

Daris can of course be the town elder.

I'll be the chief food taster to make sure no one has to suffer with bad food.

Jim, do you think you can wear scuba gear ok with the oxygen?

Anybody I missed please feel free to volunteer and post for the position you feel most suites you!

We can all gather around the beach fire at night and regale each other with stories like the worst demo we ever did, the funniest or craziest home owner we ever installed for, all while sipping Mai Tais and watching the wives hula dance!!!!

Jon, we may need a bigger island - start the search!

Come on Lottery ticket, TFP needs a new island!!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Daris Mulkin

Daris Mulkin The One and Only Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Then Jon can go around the sheep and tell us which one is his DAAAAAAAD.

:old:

Daris

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Mark Brown

That sounded like a real winning plan.... right up until that last part where you said wives :)

I'm in either way it's winter now and I want to run away.

16. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

One oxygen tank is pretty much like another oxygen tank... I think. So, yeah, I'm in. :D

• Like Like x 1
  17. Mike Antonetti

Very Creative Chuck, you’re dangerous with ideas like my wife, she wouldn’t disagree moving to an island.

18. Commercial Floor Rep

Ok, Jim's in so no smoking allowed on the island! I'm good with that!

After 27 years of being married and 4 years of dating the same woman, I don't go anywhere for long without her. It would be like having my arm removed. Besides, she's an awesome cook and one hell of an arguer. She's an insurance claims adjuster. I haven't won an argument in our entire marriage, but that's ok. Don't tell her I said this but she's usually right.

Oh yeah, another rule, all children and grandbabies must be on the island too. Parents are optional for those of us who are still lucky enough to have them around - personally I'm ok with just a visit two or three times a year. :)

We need somebody to run the daily fishing charters.

Also we're going to need to build a bowling alley with a couple of pool tables and a bar - Chris that's your department. Use Mark to approve the materials. Mike A. you'll need to procure all the proper tools. Jim you're quality control on that project. I'll be over by the cooler eating a sandwich. Anyone has any questions during the build find me and I'll read the instructions. :)

Jon, do they bowl in New Zealand? If not maybe we can turn it into a tourist thing and charge the locals to come and roll a few with us. (Uh I had to add a comment here after I posted because when I read it I realized "roll a few" could mean different things to different people - I can assure you that I'm referring to bowling balls.)

Hmm...this is really taking shape... I may need to buy some extra lottery tickets.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Commercial Floor Rep

Oh yeah, I forgot -anyone without a significant other will be assigned one from the local available supply pending purchasers approval upon completion of a test drive. We can't have any "lone wolves" prowling about the women folk. To many possibilities to disturb the whole group harmony.

20. Mark Brown

wait.... are there trade ins? ?

thus sound's more like a good idea again

• Funny Funny x 1