Mohawk Air.o Unified Soft Flooring

Discussion in 'Carpet Q&A' started by PJSweet, Jan 3, 2018.

1. PJSweet

PJSweet Pro Member

Kind of a new thing. What are your guys thoughts on this?

Think it will take off or just another hot fart?

2. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

Our Mohawk rep brought this to the store over a year ago. We still have no samples, no pricing, no information. Good luck getting me to sell it if you can't even give me the basics.

I understand that they're trying to address the lack of skilled labor, but really I don't know if this is the solution.

3. PJSweet

PJSweet Pro Member

Honestly we had the same problem. It was a struggle just to get rolls ordered let alone samples.

I like the idea behind it but I really don't think they are marketing it the right way. As well as the lack of communication with retailers being a bit of a problem.

4. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

So if it’s supposed to be easier to compensate for the lack of skilled labor, do you think labor prices will drop a little because of that?

5. SteveG

SteveG Pro Member

Yeah because carpet installers need to have their wages cut some more.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. PJSweet

PJSweet Pro Member

I don't think so, I really cant see too many consumers DIY'ing with this product despite it being a more "consumer friendly" product.

On the labor prices dropping, I really cant see it. It will just take less time to install but charge out the same as regular carpet/pad. I wouldnt want the installers to take less anyways as they will still have to handle the rolls, put glue or tape down and this stuff seems super floppy and annoying to move around.

7. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti I Support TFP Senior Member

They did a Demo at the CFI convention in Orlando, questions similar were asked. I didn’t watch the video but I think my concern would be not a compressed fit so it lays flat. Limited styles I think frieze

8. Chris 45

Chris 45 Director of P.R. on some deserted island. I Support TFP

So when I look at the Mohawk website, this carpet seems to be marketed as a hypoallergenic and recyclable solution with reduced installation time as a side benefit. Most other articles n such about this carpet are just the opposite and focus more on the installation benefits than the hypoallergenic properties. Why the difference?

9. Tom Potter

Tom Potter I Support TFP

Oh jeez, not another one of these. This reminds me of something that flooded my area around 15 years ago. It was peel and stick carpet. That stuff was funo_O. Some of these products are really.......... well, hot farts!

10. kylenelson

kylenelson You'll find me on the floor I Support TFP Senior Member

There’s not a lack of skilled labor, there is a lack of unified standards that results in constant erosion of labor prices and eliminates the desire for young talent to enter a trade that is less valuable with each year of inflation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1