Minor issues

Discussion in 'TFP Support and Feedback' started by Darren Ramey, Jun 1, 2017.

1. Darren Ramey

Darren Ramey Charter Member I Support TFP

When replying to a post, at least on my iPad, I get a "More Options" button instead of "Preview". When clicked it turns back in to the preview button. It works the way it should on a new post.

Also, is there anyway we can see uploaded pictures as part of the preview?

2. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

When the editor shows a More Options... button, you are in the Quick Reply editor. We had a QR at the bottom of topics in the old software, but it had very few features. This one has almost all the features of a full editor.

When you click the More Options... button, you are taken to the full editor, just like you would only get when you clicked the Post New Topic button. The full editor adds the options to Watch this thread and receive email notifications. And the Preview button.

When you upload a picture, you don't have to do anything and the tiny thumbnail will show at the bottom of your post, but you won't see it during preview. When you click either the Thumbnail or the Full Image buttons during the composition of your post, you can see the photo in the editor, but you will only see "View attachment nnnnn" (nnnnn=attachment number).

gym-called-resolutions.jpg Unfortunately, that's the way the software works. I will look to see if there is a add-on that changes that behavior, but I've never heard any talk of one. While testing this, I also used the FLOATLEFT button to see if that made a difference in the preview, but no, that didn't produce any change. Sorry. But you can still edit your post after you make it.