Mike you got a price?

Discussion in 'Vinyl & Rubber Flooring Sales and Installations' started by Jon Scanlan, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Jon Scanlan

Jon Scanlan That Kiwi Charter Member I Support TFP Senior Member

Mike you got a price to lift about 40sqm of these? :)
    Notice the backing in one of the photos

BAKERY 1.jpg BAKERY 2.jpg BAKERY 3.jpg

2. Mike Antonetti

Mike Antonetti Senior Member

That’s a big? Mess you have Jon, I don’t know what meters is/are. Odd stuff I need a site assessment to plan methods/steps. May be a little busy, but if the weather is good I’m there. No, you guys can handle it.

3. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Mike, a square meter is about 10.7 square feet. So overall about 428 sq. ft. Since I'm doing the calculations do I get to go too?

It's winter there right now. Probably about 40-50 degrees F.

Jon, do you get much snow in winter?

4. Jon Scanlan

I think they were old Marmo tiles with a tar backing, never seen them before
    Tried a tile lifter but it didn't want to know so back to heating and scrapping
    Its 55 degrees at 5 pm and we never see any of that white stuff in our area, a few hundred miles further south there is a skiing area

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mike Antonetti

I’d say somewhere around 1200$ if you bring the building here.

Tars have to mix with dust either from the slab, existing patch or dust, drywall compound etc. added to coat the sticky, gooey stuff for extraction.

40 sq M, sounds way more than @400 so Ft, luckily for a few installers not too bad with some fine scrapers.

You ever try dry ice? Turn it brittle/tar hard? Way back when (1995) I couldn’t find any in my town so I never got to try it. Read the suggestion somewhere before the fine internet was common source.

6. Jon Scanlan

Yeah heard of dry ice, maybe read about it here, but never seen it done or even know where to get the dry ice from
    Another guy helped me lift and he ground some of the tar backing off, 5 hours then I put a coat of smoothing compound over the whole area Sanded it off this morning which looked like this then put another coat over it
    Dropped a hammer on my toes today and now have 2 black toes, no I wasn't wearing steel toe boots BAKERY 5.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Jim McClain

Jim McClain Owner/Founder Administrator

It's a tad more than 430 sf.

8. Jon Scanlan

The whole job is about 80 sqm which is about 860sq ft
    The other area was easy, some with no lifting so it could work out okay with the laying of the vinyl thrown in to make the whole job okay price wise
    Salesman did not really allow enough on prep though
    He said something about swings and round abouts, ever heard that saying before? :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Commercial Floor Rep

Commercial Floor Rep I Support TFP Published

Now Jim, I was trying to get a good price for Jon since Mike was a little fuzzy on the metric conversion. ;):D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Mike Antonetti

Jim looks out for everyone. Thanks Jim, the @ price went up 75$

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. seamsealer

seamsealer Pro Member

Never did dry ice, but remember reading about it somewhere. You had to make a 2x2 foot box out of 2x4's, put the dry ice in the box and cover it with burlap. That way you could freeze 4, 12" tiles and move the box to the next 4 and take out the frozen ones. The good old days, I think.

• Funny Funny x 1