Measuring App

Discussion in 'High Tech Tools & Equipment Support' started by mcbrides, Nov 23, 2020.

1. mcbrides

mcbrides Canadian Installers Senior Member

A friend of ours who has worked at the national installer supply for the last 20 years was here for dinner last night. This guy is the Guru of all things related to our trade. He was telling us about an App for measuring for flooring, and suggested I ask you guys if you know about it and can identify it. Here in Canada, even the East is 5 years behind you. Here in BC, well, you know how it goes. LOL

2. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

You are going to have to be a lot more specific than that. There are hundreds of different "apps" for measuring, take off, layout, design.... hell there are apps that will design a room using a laser measure. What we talking about here?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Mike Sliwinski

Mike Sliwinski The Doctor Is In I Support TFP Senior Member

Speaking of behind, I'm still working a slide phone :eek: No App
    downloading on that thing, however, maybe, hopefully, I'll start practicing on my I-pad tablet, because measuring may have to be my future.

HELLO DEBRA !!! :D Nice to read you ;)

Mike

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mcbrides

mcbrides Canadian Installers Senior Member

Hi Mike! Nice to be back. Our buddy mentioned that the app measures for Schluter. We don't need it, but are thinking about one of the shops we crew for.

5. Mark Brown

Mark Brown On The Surface Flooring I Support TFP

You mean the literal Schluter-APP app? No great secret there.
    It's free.... available on Google Play and Apple App Store and does exactly that. Plus some tile lay out and other orange related features. Feed that machine.
    It's not a bad tool, tried it, have no need for it don't use it. Curiosity always gets me though.
    Still 1000% more useful than the Mapei app... that was a waste of space.

6. I agree, mapei app I couldn’t find a certain leveler, I think it did take a lot of data storage.